Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Someone should change the title of this thread to "home button sticker request"

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
When installing these buttons, try using scotch tape. tape the non-stick side of the button onto the sticky side of the tape and you can easily get the home button sticker on perfectly. you can also see if design on the button is aligned straight too. :)

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
When installing these buttons, try using scotch tape. tape the non-stick side of the button onto the sticky side of the tape and you can easily get the home button sticker on perfectly. you can also see if design on the button is aligned straight too. :)

Easiest way hands down

zentrani

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
So I have attached the aluminum spigen button (black) on my iphone.

I remember hearing once you removed it, the adhesive was useless. Is that true? Has anyone been able to remove it and retain it for use later on? I want to try and apply the silver button just for ***** and giggles.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I've put my grey one off and on 10 times trying to get it perfect. Still sticks.

SYale

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
California
I got to say that these aluminum buttons are amazing in real life. The pictures don't really do it justice on the internet.

Also, using tape (which is actually recommended on the back of the package), I took it out of the case and had it installed (with the Bodyguardz Pure already on there) in 5 seconds. Easiest thing lol.

iPad2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Got both packages about a week ago. I'd say the home button is spot on! :D

The Glas.tR is without the most beautiful screen protector ever made IMO

Spigen even included a matte back protector :)

Attachments

• IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 101

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Oh wow, that's nice! I have the Genuine Leather Grip case, got the other home buttons with it... May have to try these out.

iPad2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Thanks!

The jellybean buttons that come with the Glas.tR are really, REALLY poor compared to the aluminium ones.

I'm not finished pimping up my iPhone. Still waiting for the black aluminium Elago M2 stand. :cool:

I'll snap a few shots of my case too, when it arrives.

bshef

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
Hate to bump this for thread hijack.

Does anyone have a leftover orange home button I may buy from them? PM me if so, please.

Sorry again about the hijack. Since I don't have access to the selling/buying forum I'm unable to post there. I just didn't think asking for one epoxy home button warranted a new thread.

Glad to see you're enjoying the Glas.tr. It looks terrific on your device.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I did. I have an eyeglass repair kit that has a small pointed tool which I was able to get between the glass and button...with enough pressure, if peeled off. I had to do that to readjust it bc it was crooked.

latormenta

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
Is there no cutout for the front camera? How does that work out?
Got both packages about a week ago. I'd say the home button is spot on! :D

The Glas.tR is without the most beautiful screen protector ever made IMO

Spigen even included a matte back protector :)

iPad2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Got my Elago M2 black alumnium stand the other day. Looks superb.

Up next, $tickerboy's Back Slate Jet Black Brushed Matte Sticker (phew, what a name!!) :cool:

Pictures later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.