Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
California
Welcome to this weeks photo thread!

Theme: Celebration

In a bit of a celebratory mood and would love to see some of your images with great emotions.

Rules:

You may only submit one photo per contest.

Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Merry Xmas
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367435803.415221.jpg

fireman32

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Went to the local indian festival last weekend and took some pictures. It was full of lots of color but unfortunately it rained most of the time so I was unable to get a lot of good pictures. This was on of my favorites. She was dressed in a very colorful outfit and this was her right before she went out and danced on stage.

_DSC0148.jpg by dspector32, on Flickr

MCH-1138

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2013
California
Ready to Celebrate by MCH-1138, on Flickr

Nikon D7000 • 17-55mm f/2.8 • ISO 200 • 1/160 sec • f/4

Attachments

• Ready to Celebrate.jpg
    Ready to Celebrate.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
California
1st: Keleko: its solemn but the subject shows emotion. Focus is good.

2nd: fireman32: seems like she was a bit nervous before her performance by looking at her hands, would have been good to see photos of the performance itself. Bringing up the vibrance and the highlight would probably make the image a bit more lively.

3rd: pmxperience: would have been nice to see some of the crowd included in the shot. sometimes the subject needs to be supported to highlight the importance or what makes it special.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Thanks to all, it was interesting to see the different perspectives of celebration this week, from the hedonism of acearchies to the purity of Keleko's, all struck a chord within me! :cool:

pmxperience

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
United States
1st: Keleko: its solemn but the subject shows emotion. Focus is good.

2nd: fireman32: seems like she was a bit nervous before her performance by looking at her hands, would have been good to see photos of the performance itself. Bringing up the vibrance and the highlight would probably make the image a bit more lively.

3rd: pmxperience: would have been nice to see some of the crowd included in the shot. sometimes the subject needs to be supported to highlight the importance or what makes it special.

Wow, thank you so much for the honor. My knowledge isn't exactly the sharpest when it comes to extreme low-light/night time photography. I think I was lucky to even get the exposure for the train somewhat correct! :)

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Oops, I forgot to check this forum yesterday (busy day). Thanks for the win! I'll have a new contest up sometime today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.