Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
Is there any way someone could write a simple terminal script that launched on boot up that continually replaces the dropbox folder icon with the actual logo? I keep having to manually navigate to the app, "show package contents... etc." to replace every few days.

I assume the app is pinging their servers and replacing it?

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I keep one icon on my desktop for quick access to by drop box folder. It is a custom icon I made and I just pasted it into the info window for the folder. It never changes. This icon is an alias so I don't know if that has anything to do with why it never changes.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 366

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
I keep one icon on my desktop for quick access to by drop box folder. It is a custom icon I made and I just pasted it into the info window for the folder. It never changes. This icon is an alias so I don't know if that has anything to do with why it never changes.

It never changes? You are replacing dropbox correct? For some reason I have 3 macs and they are all changing on my desktop :/

Anybody else having this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.