Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenglade

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
I'm an old guy and by current reasoning I'm ancient. here's what I want to do but can't seem to kind the key.

I have an iPod touch 4 which I use exclusively use for audio books, which i listen to while I'm on the treadmill. So why isn't it simple to get books at audible.com and put them on my iPod?

First i have to use my audible password, then my amazon password, then when i get to iTunes i have to use my apple ID. After all that, I haven't found discovered how to move books from my audible library and my iPod, which is connected via iTunes. I've tried dragging from audible and it doesn't work. I've tried dragging from my download folder and that doesn't work.

Audible has instructions for transferring material on a PC, but not on a Mac. So how do i do it?

Why can't I get my iPod to register as a device (or drive) on my desktop so i could transfer directly to it from my download folder and leave iTunes out altogether.

I've seen mention of an app, presumably from the Apple store, that simplifies this process. But I can't find it.

God, i hate iTunes.

kemperman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
UK
There is definitely an app, it's called 'audible' on my iPhone. Everything you've bought on audible.com will appear there. It will also show and play any of your iTunes audiobooks

It's a universal app too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.