Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thorpey0

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
I am using AndroidLock XT and wondered if it was possible to remove 'slide to unlock' so I can just use AndroidLock on its own?

Thanks

thorpey0

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
I already have Springtomize 2. I tried - Lockscreen - Hide Knob but this does not remove the need to 'slide to unlock' am I missing something?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mac?Daddy

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2008
Alberta
Thanks for the quick reply. I have Springtomize but guessing it is the first one? I will have a look, thanks.

Edit....

I already have Springtomize 2. I tried - Lockscreen - Hide Knob but this does not remove the need to 'slide to unlock' am I missing something?

Thanks

Turn "Custom Label" to ON and leave the spot where you enter the custom label blank, this will get rid of the slide to unlock text

thorpey0

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Installed Slidetomod - It warns that you should choose an activator or risk not being able to go to the home screen.

Will AndroidLock XT work as an activator or do I need something else? THanks

Last edited:

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Installed Slidetomod - It warns that you should choose an activator or risk not being able to go to the home screen.

Will AndroidLock XT work as an activator or do I need something else? THanks

You can keep AndroidLock xt, just make sure you also use activator to have a way to unlock your phone, JUST IN CASE. 2 finger slide up from bottom or something like that. Use a gesture that isn't common or something that would accidentally unlock your phone. Since activator is behind the scenes and there is nothing visible, it won't interfere with the look of your theme.

thorpey0

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
You can keep AndroidLock xt, just make sure you also use activator to have a way to unlock your phone, JUST IN CASE. 2 finger slide up from bottom or something like that. Use a gesture that isn't common or something that would accidentally unlock your phone. Since activator is behind the scenes and there is nothing visible, it won't interfere with the look of your theme.

Even though I have installed Slidetomod and turned on 'Unlock Bar' under 'Hide Elements' I still have to slide to unlock my phone. Am I doing something wrong. I have tried using 'hide knob' in Springtomize at the same time and instead of Slidetomod but nothing is working when I respring or reboot. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? Should Slidetomod work with any theme I have installed?

Basically I would like to just have AndroidLock when I wake the phone up to save having to slide to unlock then type in my passcode.

Thanks

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
I'd love to have only Android XT and the camera button on my lock screen.

Wonder if this is possible.

Btw, isn't there a minimize option in AXT where you can have the slider AND AXT? That way I could have both.

thorpey0

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
I'd love to have only Android XT and the camera button on my lock screen.

Wonder if this is possible.

Btw, isn't there a minimize option in AXT where you can have the slider AND AXT? That way I could have both.

I have set up Activator to launch the camera when I hold the home button in, you can do it while the phone is asleep so its faster than having the button on the lock screen.

Have you got AXT set up without slide to lock? Is it possible? Any idea why SlideToMod ain't working? :confused:

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
I have set up Activator to launch the camera when I hold the home button in, you can do it while the phone is asleep so its faster than having the button on the lock screen.

Have you got AXT set up without slide to lock? Is it possible? Any idea why SlideToMod ain't working? :confused:
I am try to stay away from the home button as it's sticky and doesn't work like it did when it was brand new AND the next iPhone won't have a home button so....It feels great not having to need the home button. I tap the status bar once to get home no matter where I am.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Even though I have installed Slidetomod and turned on 'Unlock Bar' under 'Hide Elements' I still have to slide to unlock my phone. Am I doing something wrong. I have tried using 'hide knob' in Springtomize at the same time and instead of Slidetomod but nothing is working when I respring or reboot. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? Should Slidetomod work with any theme I have installed?

Basically I would like to just have AndroidLock when I wake the phone up to save having to slide to unlock then type in my passcode.

Thanks

Sounds like your theme is overriding slidetomod, or something else you have installed is.

dss101010

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Turn "Custom Label" to ON and leave the spot where you enter the custom label blank, this will get rid of the slide to unlock text

yea i did that and i hit the top button and i dont know how to get back in my ipod... because the slider is not there... also i never changed anything on the activator app so how do i get in.

Happytodd

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2010
I'm not sure if it'll help but there was a tweak called NoLockScreen that worked really well on iOS 4 and 5. Still works on iOS6 but you still see the graphics as the device unlocks itself automatically!

Kroller

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
you should try Tap to unlock ios5 in cydia..i use it for my windows phone 7 LS and it clear everything on my lockscreen

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
I am try to stay away from the home button as it's sticky and doesn't work like it did when it was brand new AND the next iPhone won't have a home button so....It feels great not having to need the home button. I tap the status bar once to get home no matter where I am.

How do you know the next iPhone won't have a home button?

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
AndroidLockXT has a Tap to Unlock function built in under the "Behavior" setting.

I admittedly didn't read every post in this topic but that's something that should be mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.