Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicholasrutland

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
Internet fraud - Tips to avoid the Western Union / Chronopost scam

I came across this particular attempt at internet fraud whilst looking to buy a computer through craigslist.org the USA website for p2p classified advertising.

In my case I inquired about a laptop computer supposedly for sale in the Boston NH area and found that the 'seller' was claiming not to be in the US but in London; a student needing the money to finish university studies there. He was not willing to meet (this was the very first warning signal) for the transaction in London or anywhere, and would only do the deal via Western Union and Chronopost - the price was also very cheap for the computer model advertised. I did not proceed with the transaction. The ad has since been removed from craigslist.org.

As others have mentioned similar stories I thought the following tips might help people id and avoid being ripped-off by these criminals. If you don't take the time to check the legitimacy of the deal you will only have yourself to blame - Western Union won't give you money back and Chronopost or whoever aren't going to give you the non existent item.

In my case:

1. The price seemed very cheap for the model offered. - Check the average market price for the item you are wanting, if the price seems to good to be true it probably is - greed is what gets most victims in trouble with these scams. A little bit of detective work will help sort the real from alleged.

2. The ad on craigslist.org was for the Boston NH area - OK no problem yet except the price was way too cheap - Reality Check...

3. The 'Seller' gave an address in London which appears to be a large office building - doesn't look like the home of a poor student - Check the address on Google Maps or similar and ask yourself why the item is advertised in the USA but the seller seems to be elsewhere.

4. The 'Agent' gave an address of an 'American' type of street name (dead give away) in London which does not exist. ('1445 N. Springlake Blvd' London SW71DL UK). Check the address and name of the 'Agent' on the real Western Union website and Google Maps for the address.

5. The English in the email correspondence had spelling and grammatical errors - not written correctly as would be the case if you were dealing with the real Western Union / Chronopost who are more professional than this - Read the correspondence properly and look out for errors in the text; also have a good look at how professional the graphic content in emails is. This is mostly where the scammers fail because they tend not to be native English language users or well educated.

6. The email links to the 'Chronopost' email address was for the fake domain - notice the two nn's... <customer-service@chronnopost.co.uk> - Check email addresses and domain names for discrepancy.

7. If by this stage you are not sure if it's a scam the following should clinch it for you. Remember fake websites can be quite convincing in the way they look so have good look at the URLs. NEVER click on links in emails other than to compare the exact URLs of the pages to - real against alleged.

8. The Chronopost website was fake as well ... http://chronnopost.co.uk/ - mispelt with two n's and fake location - Check domain names for correct spelling and google the real company to be sure.

9. The weblink in the email to the Western Union website agentLocator.asp page was different to the link on the real Western Union site - Compare the real page URL to the alleged fake one; read it and spot the differences.

10. The real Western Union site has been verified by Verisign whereas the fake site has not - Check for domain verification; big companies like Western Union and Chronopost always use this.

http://www.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp?country=global - fake site no verification
https://wumt.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp?origination=global - real site - domain verified byVeriSign Inc.

11. Don't get excited or greedy at the 'bargain' offered, take the time to think the whole thing through.

12. Keep posting everywhere to warn naive buyers about this problem.

Hope this helps.

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
I got scammed

nice post @ nicholasrutland

I was a victim of such a scam last year. I wanted to buy a Mac pro 08 for 2400 Dollars in March 09 (I did not wanted to get the 09 one, there where no other 08 models to buy for a good price in swiss).I thought myself too, this is too good to be true and did not expect anything. I checked the sellers name (was like one of a football manager in UK), but I thought "well there can be several people on earth with equal names", that's nothing special. I checked the chronopost homepage and some forums if chronopost is something good and then I finally searched for some keywords to check if this is a scam. BUT, I never checked with the word "scam" in it, because english is not my basic language and I didn't had that word in my vocabulary. I did not check the e-mail address (@chronopost-escrow.com) on google either.......

I can't loose anything :

So I thought finally, this seems like a good deal. I did not expect, that this guy is sending me the right Mac Pro like he described because he seemed not to have a techical intellect. So I thought, well if he is not sending me the product he tells, I am just sending it back and getting my full money back. (That's the deal with chronopost. If you aren't happy with your purchase you can get your money back and the seller becomes his product back - Pretty simple and safe for both)

So easy it sounds. I did not have any experience with Western Union either. I didn't knew the pros and cons of this payment option. In fact, I never before bought something over the internet before (just online stores).

I told him that I want that Mac Pro and he wrote me that he placed the package at Chronopost UK. So I received a few mailings for the payment.
I payed the 2300 Dollars via Western Union to this "Agent" in London. Then I received the first mailings from "chronopost" . The text-language in the first mailing was good. I dind't realized anything strange about it. After they received the payment, I received a mail with the note that they sent the package but I didn't receive any package number or anything. So I wrote back and dind't became any answer from them. The next day, I received an e-mail from "chronopost" that told me that the package is at the border of my country and I should pay them the national customs payments of 400 dollars. I thought, that this can't be so high and I wouldn't have to pay that to them. (If there is a duty payment in my country, I would receive it from the national post to my adress).And the english in this mail was so bad either !!! So I called the national customs office and they told that something has to be wrong and I should call Chronopost. So I tried but what should I do with no package number :D .

So then, finally finally I realized that I got scammed. And that was maybe the worst day of my life. I don't know. But surely not the best day :) ...

I went the next day to the police to lay a complaint against unknown. I myself stayed in contact with the seller and told him that I have no money for buying the custom payments and I have to get some money , blablablabla and so on. After all, I could stay in contact with the seller for about 2 more weeks and I did not ever tell that I figured it out. Why I did that, because I thought that the police could use the IP addresses from the e-mails.

I have received e-mails from all over the world: UK, US, Switzerland (my country), czechia and some others. So several persons have e-mailed with me...

So right now, I am in conflict with the criminal guy from my country for judgment and I am gonna kick his ass and make sure that my money will get back in my pocket and he will deserve what he deserves from the judgement. But it can take years until my money is back, IF !

That's life, one more experience - A bad one.

And as you see in my signature, I finally could regardless of the hole misery buy myself a Mac Pro in 09:)

elpmas

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2009
Where the fresh snow don't go.

I was a victim of such a scam last year. I wanted to buy a Mac pro 08 for 2400 Dollars in March 09 (I did not wanted to get the 09 one, there where no other 08 models to buy for a good price in swiss).I thought myself too, this is too good to be true and did not expect anything. I checked the sellers name (was like one of a football manager in UK), but I thought "well there can be several people on earth with equal names", that's nothing special. I checked the chronopost homepage and some forums if chronopost is something good and then I finally searched for some keywords to check if this is a scam. BUT, I never checked with the word "scam" in it, because english is not my basic language and I didn't had that word in my vocabulary. I did not check the e-mail address (@chronopost-escrow.com) on google either.......

I can't loose anything :

So I thought finally, this seems like a good deal. I did not expect, that this guy is sending me the right Mac Pro like he described because he seemed not to have a techical intellect. So I thought, well if he is not sending me the product he tells, I am just sending it back and getting my full money back. (That's the deal with chronopost. If you aren't happy with your purchase you can get your money back and the seller becomes his product back - Pretty simple and safe for both)

So easy it sounds. I did not have any experience with Western Union either. I didn't knew the pros and cons of this payment option. In fact, I never before bought something over the internet before (just online stores).

I told him that I want that Mac Pro and he wrote me that he placed the package at Chronopost UK. So I received a few mailings for the payment.
I payed the 2300 Dollars via Western Union to this "Agent" in London. Then I received the first mailings from "chronopost" . The text-language in the first mailing was good. I dind't realized anything strange about it. After they received the payment, I received a mail with the note that they sent the package but I didn't receive any package number or anything. So I wrote back and dind't became any answer from them. The next day, I received an e-mail from "chronopost" that told me that the package is at the border of my country and I should pay them the national customs payments of 400 dollars. I thought, that this can't be so high and I wouldn't have to pay that to them. (If there is a duty payment in my country, I would receive it from the national post to my adress).And the english in this mail was so bad either !!! So I called the national customs office and they told that something has to be wrong and I should call Chronopost. So I tried but what should I do with no package number :D .

So then, finally finally I realized that I got scammed. And that was maybe the worst day of my life. I don't know. But surely not the best day :) ...

I went the next day to the police to lay a complaint against unknown. I myself stayed in contact with the seller and told him that I have no money for buying the custom payments and I have to get some money , blablablabla and so on. After all, I could stay in contact with the seller for about 2 more weeks and I did not ever tell that I figured it out. Why I did that, because I thought that the police could use the IP addresses from the e-mails.

I have received e-mails from all over the world: UK, US, Switzerland (my country), czechia and some others. So several persons have e-mailed with me...

So right now, I am in conflict with the criminal guy from my country for judgment and I am gonna kick his ass and make sure that my money will get back in my pocket and he will deserve what he deserves from the judgement. But it can take years until my money is back, IF !

That's life, one more experience - A bad one.

And as you see in my signature, I finally could regardless of the hole misery buy myself a Mac Pro in 09:)

Sodomize him!!!!!

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009

A note on Western Union and Moneygram - with the payment info you can pick up the money anywhere in the world where there is a WU office. And with UK redirect numbers you can get phone calls almost anywhere as well.

Checkout:

scamwarners.com

for more information.

Joyo22

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2010
Daniel Sanchez Scam

Hey guys, he also goes under the name Daniel Sanchez, same but different product. With me he tries for a Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 4 lenses for 600 S$, yeye...so be warned :mad:

Hi,
Are you interested in buying my product?The price for my item is 600 euro,all included.My item is new,in excellent condition and I am the first owner,everything is OK.
Now I am in London / Uk, because here is my family and my university.

I want to sell my product because I need money for finish the university.The item is new in box with 12 months of international warranty.
Here's how I go about the delivery and payment for the product is delivered through the company Chronopost and also give the opportunity to inspect the product before receiving payment for it.
I will explain step by step how this will work.
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
1. After receiving your shipping information, go to a delivery company Chronopost location and leave the product in your name and address as the receiver.
2. Chronopost check the product also the legal papers to see that all is well with him.
B. You will receive a notification of Chronopost as a confirmation that the product is in its custody, and also that the product has been tested.
1.Chronopost verify the transfer of money, and if everything is in order, will deliver the product to your door.
2. After you receive the product and you will be completely satisfied with it, Chronopost to give instructions to release the payment information to me so I can collect my money.
C. If for any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return to the product without charge Chronopost.
I will pay for shipping and the amount of transfer!!
Please answer me as soon as possible with your full name, address and I will start the operation a.s.a.p.Delivery: 2 days. I look forward to sending detaills like this:
Name:
Surname:
Address:
City / State:
Postal Code:

If you are interested please answer me so that we can make for a good transaction!

Thank you and I`m waiting your reply,
Daniel Sanchez

And also by the name of Ec8v5ea <daniel18san@ymail.com>

Hello.

First of all, I want to thank the contact!

My product is Canon EOS 5D Mark II original.
I am the original owner and the user's sole purchased from an authorized dealer of Canon .
Final price for my product is 840 € yet even.
The item is new, boxed with 12 months international warranty.
Never dropped, wet or otherwise abused in any way. Include all original packaging and accessories.
I moved in London / Uk, because here is the university.
Want to sell my product because I need money for college.
1.Product that is delivered through the company Chronopost.
2.Chronopost is a shipping company
3.Voy to pay for all shipping costs.

Gradually explain how it works:
1. I need your data to begin shipping
A. After receiving your name and address, go to a delivery company Chronopost Location and leave the product in your name and address as the receiver.
2. Chronopost verify the product, also the legal papers to see that all is well with him.
B. You will receive notification of Chronopost as confirmation that the product is in their custody and, further, that the product has been tested.
3. Delivery Company 1.Chronopost verify the transfer of money, and if everything is in order, will deliver the product to your door.
C. After you receive the product and you are completely satisfied with it, give instructions to Chronopost to release the payment information to me so I can collect my money.
4. Receive the product in 2 days

Please answer me as soon as possible with your full name, address and I will start the deal asap.
Shipping detaills like this:

Name:
Surname:
Address:
City / State:
Zip:

I await your response and hope that we can reach an agreement.

Have a nice day!

So be warned........

megapixel3

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2010
Mac Pro 2.8 (8 core) scam on Craigslist (Denver)

I just about got scammed on this one. Luckily I saw your post only 1.5 hours after I sent the money. Luckily it was late enough in the UK that "Daniel Sanchez" or "Martins Andrew" didn't pick up the money. I raced back to Western Union and got my full refund. I was lucky.

From the earlier posts, he had the same exact emails. He probably just cuts and pastes the information.

The scam link is - http://denver.craigslist.org/sys/1619476365.html
It was way too good to be true!

bobsuruncle

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2010
I just about got scammed on this one. Luckily I saw your post only 1.5 hours after I sent the money. Luckily it was late enough in the UK that "Daniel Sanchez" or "Martins Andrew" didn't pick up the money. I raced back to Western Union and got my full refund. I was lucky.

From the earlier posts, he had the same exact emails. He probably just cuts and pastes the information.

The scam link is - http://denver.craigslist.org/sys/1619476365.html
It was way too good to be true!

THIS SCAM IS ALIVE AND WELL. Saw the following post on craigslist minneapolis: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/sys/2052612840.html offering this product:
Mac Pro with two 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processors (8-Core Nehalem)
I'm thinking this is the answer to my prayers, as my 2G G5 has just died. Then I got this email reply from Rhys McCarthy (email address is somplepadg@gmail.com):

Hello

Here is my deal method:

A. first.. I need your name and address and 2 phone numbers cause they will need to call you 2 hours before delivery will done.. so you will be home waiting for them.
1. After I have received your shipping info, I'll go to a Chronopost location and I will leave the product onto your name and address as the intended receiver.
B. Chronopost will check it to see that the unit was placed with all the papers and to see that is legal.
2. You will receive a notification from Chronopost as a confirmation that the product is in their custody and also, that the product has been tested.
C. Chronopost verify the transfer of money, and if everything is in order, will deliver the product to your door.

PLEASE READ:Very important!
-The payment will only reach me after you receive and test the item.
-The payment details will remain with the company until you confirm that everything is Ok and you want to keep it.

D.If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return the product to Chronopost with no expenses.

Receive the product in 2 days

Name:
Surname:
Address:
City / State:
Zip:

I`m waiting for your answer .
Cheers

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Look familiar?

Thanks to all the posters who have shared their experiences with those of us who want something too good to be true to be true. Follow the advice on Craig's List and from the others in this thread. Be careful. There are some bad and desperate people out there.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Why people don't use common sense is amazing. Why would someone sell a laptop in the USA if they aren't in the states?

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Why people don't use common sense is amazing. Why would someone sell a laptop in the USA if they aren't in the states?

Way too many people simply see a great deal and are too greedy to wonder whether or not it's legit. I'm always amazed at how many people even respond to the ads in the first place - they should know there is no such thing as a free lunch. Plus if something sounds too good to be true, then it's not true.

With the continuing recession, lots of scammers are coming up with ways to get people to do all kinds of dumb things in hopes of getting money or goods.

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2009
Heres a tip, if the seller ever responds with "the item" or "the product" instead of "the macbook pro" then it is a scam.

Jumpn4jc14

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the information. I recently fell for the "to good to be true" scam and tried to email this Rhys McArthy. He is trying extremely hard to get me to use this "Chronopost" company, but I said no (I've learned from past experience that if it includes shipping, it's usually a scam). He has said that he needs an answer quickly because he has a lot of other potential customers. So asked myself: "if he has a lot of other customersand I am saying no, why is he trying so hard to sell it to me?"
That when I googled his email address (somplepadg@gmail.com) to see what I could find, and I came across this forum.

So thanks to everyone for their input, and I will end the deal asap.

Thanks!

jtimleck

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
Baltimore, MD
THIS SCAM IS ALIVE AND WELL. Saw the following post on craigslist minneapolis: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/sys/2052612840.html offering this product:
Mac Pro with two 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processors (8-Core Nehalem)
I'm thinking this is the answer to my prayers, as my 2G G5 has just died. Then I got this email reply from Rhys McCarthy (email address is somplepadg@gmail.com):

And the guy/gal apparently is trying all KINDS of cities. There was no price even posted for the ones being offered that I wrote to posted on craigslist in Baltimore - but I got the same kind of response - it IMMEDIATELY called a red flag for me so I googled his email address - and here I am. Here's what he/she wrote back:

Hi, What are you looking for for your Mac Pros (intel) desktops?

Thanks
Andrew (Baltimore)

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sys/2045401771.html

Hi, you`re about to get your self a very good deal cause I still have it for sale. the price is 1000 $ including all taxes.
Still has 11 months warranty and the package includes all original packaging and accessories.
I`m in London right now and I need to sell it cause I need money to lend a flat.. If you are sure you want it I can
send it to you using a shipping company that will take care of everything, from shipping to payment, so I don`t
need to get worried about the money.
Cheers

I'll forward it on to the FBI then. Thanks all for taking the time posting. It helps even those savvy enough to spot it first.

Last edited:

josh8711

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2010
boy are you guys paranoid! Give the guy a chance. I trust him completely. I gave him both credit card numbers just in case there's any problem. He wanted my social security number (to help track the package, he said) so i gave him that too. He's gonna ship overnight, so he says i'll get my new mbp tomorrow on sunday! I can't wait!;)

yes, i'm kidding.

lol

jtimleck

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
Baltimore, MD
macbook scam alive and well - Baltimore

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sys/2246319528.html

$80 for a 2.8 MacBook?

and then they wrote me, the thing that tips me off something is wrong in their push is the language - it's not broken german, french, italian etc to english but something else:

Hello

I can send it to you using a shipping company: Chronopost
I need your name and address because i will go to a Chronopost location and I will leave the product and then they will take care of everything.
900$ (all taxes included).After you will pay Chronopost will deliver the product to your door,and If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you could return it to Chronopost with no expenses.

Name:
Surname:
Address:
City / State:
Zip:

I`m waiting for your answer.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Tired of scammers? :rolleyes:

Let me wish for you to get a new Macbook!

Yes that's right, send me $50 via paypal and I will take 1 penny and toss it in the local wishing well and wish for you to get a new Macbook. Please remember to provide the model number and specs for the machine you want me to wish for. No need to send me your shipping address as your new Macbook will simply fall out of the sky! :D (It would be a good idea to carry around a basket for a few days so you can catch it when it arrives.)

Hurry! Operators are standing by! You may have already won!
Code:
Special offer: Using a pair of scissors, cut this from your monitor and mail it in for a partial rebate. *Note: Scroll bar voids offer.
:p

Last edited:

CaptRat

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
iMac +myParcelDelivery Craigslist scam

THANK YOU for posting this. I googled "scam +iMac +myParcelDelivery" and ... whew!

I know! After I find all the other suckers who almost got scammed, I am embarrassed to have stayed on the hook as long. (Enjoy how pissy "Emily" gets during the emails back and forth.)

THANK YOU for this blog and warning!

On Apr 24, 2012, at 10:01 AM, Emily Hopkins wrote:

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with the imac, it's in perfect working and cosmetic condition.
I'm selling it because I just don't use it. I've received it as a bonus from work.
It will come with everything it came with it as new + its original box, paperwork and receipt.
I won't be back home soon.
I was checking for a way to make the exchange from here to you in the US and I came across this option, which is a very good way to make this exchange.
It's provide by a company called myParcelDelivery and it will help us with this transaction.
They seem designed specifically for internet transactions, they handle both the payment and delivery part of this transaction. They seem pretty nice and trustworthy and they provide a service that we can use for our exchange.
The link below is from myParcelDelivery website and it explains their procedure. Please check the link and the procedure and let me know if you agree to the terms.

http://www.worldwide-myparceldelivery.net/en_language.internet.transactions/third.party.html

With this procedure myParcelDelivery will deliver the imac to you, receive your payment and I will receive the payment for the imac only after you instruct them to do so.
I will pay the shipping.
Let me know if we can proceed.

On Apr 24, 2012, at 3:16 AM, Emily Hopkins wrote:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 27-inch iMac from Craigslist

My name is Emily and I am now in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The iMac is still available and I hope you are still interested.
I am selling the iMac for $600 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
It's 3.10 GHZ i5, has 16 GB of RAM, 2 GB of Video Memory, 2 TB of storage and another 256 GB SSD so it can boot faster.
The iMac was bought brand new from Apple a couple of months ago.
About the iMac I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $600 price is everything that came with the iMac and also the warranty papers.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it. So what do you think? Do you want my imac?

Thanks,

Paul Haydock

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
myparceldelivery.com

THANK YOU for posting this. I googled "scam +iMac +myParcelDelivery" and ... whew!

I know! After I find all the other suckers who almost got scammed, I am embarrassed to have stayed on the hook as long. (Enjoy how pissy "Emily" gets during the emails back and forth.)

THANK YOU for this blog and warning!

On Apr 24, 2012, at 10:01 AM, Emily Hopkins wrote:

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with the imac, it's in perfect working and cosmetic condition.
I'm selling it because I just don't use it. I've received it as a bonus from work.
It will come with everything it came with it as new + its original box, paperwork and receipt.
I won't be back home soon.
I was checking for a way to make the exchange from here to you in the US and I came across this option, which is a very good way to make this exchange.
It's provide by a company called myParcelDelivery and it will help us with this transaction.
They seem designed specifically for internet transactions, they handle both the payment and delivery part of this transaction. They seem pretty nice and trustworthy and they provide a service that we can use for our exchange.
The link below is from myParcelDelivery website and it explains their procedure. Please check the link and the procedure and let me know if you agree to the terms.

http://www.worldwide-myparceldelivery.net/en_language.internet.transactions/third.party.html

With this procedure myParcelDelivery will deliver the imac to you, receive your payment and I will receive the payment for the imac only after you instruct them to do so.
I will pay the shipping.
Let me know if we can proceed.

On Apr 24, 2012, at 3:16 AM, Emily Hopkins wrote:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 27-inch iMac from Craigslist

My name is Emily and I am now in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The iMac is still available and I hope you are still interested.
I am selling the iMac for $600 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
It's 3.10 GHZ i5, has 16 GB of RAM, 2 GB of Video Memory, 2 TB of storage and another 256 GB SSD so it can boot faster.
The iMac was bought brand new from Apple a couple of months ago.
About the iMac I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $600 price is everything that came with the iMac and also the warranty papers.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it. So what do you think? Do you want my imac?

Thanks,

Hi, I'm the CEO of myparceldelivery.com - a legitimate and well known parcel delivery site in the UK.
Recently, some people have been running a scam via Gumtree and craigslist - creating websites such as:
http://www.vanc-myparceldelivery.net/en_language.internet.transactions/index.html
http:// us-myparceldelivery.net
(and a number of other extensions)
With the intention of defrauding customers by pretending to sell iPads and requiring payment via Western Union.
Our company - myParcelDelivery.com - is in NO WAY related to these scam websites with various prefixes.
MyParcelDelivery.com is a UK based courier comparison site and we do not sell ANY physical products or work with agents selling or arranging shipments of such products through our courier services. As a further note, we do NOT accept any form of payment through Western Union to a specific person. All payments on our website are through Paypal or recognized Credit / Debit cards.
As soon as we have become aware of any such sites adverting through Craiglist, Gumtree or other such sites, we have immediately contacted the company hosting the fraudulent site and provided evidence to prove that people are illegally exploiting our branding and content and asked them to remove the offending website. To date, we have closed over 10 of these domains.

We want to protect consumers from these scammers who are defrauding people and also tarnishing our good name by creating these fake sites. If anyone comes across any further sites of this nature, please contact us via http://www.myparceldelivery.com/contactus.aspx and we will put all our efforts into shutting down these fraudulent sites.

Regards,

Paul Haydock
CEO, myParcelDelivery.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.