Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1
LeandrodaFL
macrumors 6502a

Why buy at the Apple Store instead of online retailers?

Usually online retailers like Amazon and Macmall offer Apple products with a discount. Moreover, you buy it from the comfort of your seat. Why take the trouble of going to a physical retail Apple Store to make the purchase?

(question regarding official Apple stores..)
LeandrodaFL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:41 PM   #2
dopey220
macrumors 6502

Beats me. Because it's fun, I guess. Last few Apple purchases I made were at the retail store, but I'm planning on getting an iPhone 5 within the next couple of months, and I'll probably just go to the Sprint store a few blocks from my house, rather than going all the way to the mall just for the "experience" of the retail store.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:44 PM   #3
blevins321
macrumors 68030

I buy online if I know exactly what I'm going for. But during my recent laptop search, I wanted to try the look and feel of the retina vs nonretina Pro 15". So the in store sampling really is a big draw for me.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

I always buy from online stores that don't charge sales tax, especially high priced items

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion