Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Usually online retailers like Amazon and Macmall offer Apple products with a discount. Moreover, you buy it from the comfort of your seat. Why take the trouble of going to a physical retail Apple Store to make the purchase?

(question regarding official Apple stores..)

dopey220

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Beats me. Because it's fun, I guess. Last few Apple purchases I made were at the retail store, but I'm planning on getting an iPhone 5 within the next couple of months, and I'll probably just go to the Sprint store a few blocks from my house, rather than going all the way to the mall just for the "experience" of the retail store.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I buy online if I know exactly what I'm going for. But during my recent laptop search, I wanted to try the look and feel of the retina vs nonretina Pro 15". So the in store sampling really is a big draw for me.

Knocklaun

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2015
Cork
Okay things might be different in the US but I always try and buy either from an online Apple Store or the physical store as you get 2 weeks open box return policy which means that for any reason I can return it even after using it within 2 weeks. This gives me great peace of mind especially when it comes to deciding between say the iPhone vs iPhone plus.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I've never gone to an Apple store.... Maybe twice in life so far, but always get online anyway... no need to mess with waiting in line.. And with NextByte and other APP retailers closing down,,, Apple stores would only get busyer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.