Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
A few weeks ago I began to develop a problem when using Google search (google.com) in Safari.

It takes me there. However, when I enter my search term and submit, it just returns me to Google.com.

I then reenter the search term again, and this second time, it always works.

What's up? I have tried clearing cookies and cache. Firefox does not display this behavior nor other Macs I have even under Safari.

Many thanks.

avgeezer

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
safari and google and google searches

I am having the strangest problem with Safari and google. When I type in http://www.google.com I get a blank screen. In the google search bar of the taskbar when I search it also is blank. Very puzzling. I looked online with no help. then I tried this. I did a search on firefox it worked fine. Then I copied the url and pasted it in the safari browser it worked but a little padlock showed up in the corner. When I clicked on the little icon it said
class 3 public primary certificate authority
pointing at google
I also realize that the search said firefox not google.

JordanJ

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Australia
Also having a few issues with Safari. Actually disabled some extensions (AdBlock esp.) and everything works fine. Make sure you don't have troublesome extensions installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.