Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
Ms office 2011 help

hello,
I just noticed a folder titled MS Office 2011 (Others)-it has MS Query,Database Utility,Reminders and Solver-what are these ? Can I delete them ?

Do we need silverlight on mac ?
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:44 PM   #2
firedept
macrumors Demi-God
 
firedept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere!
I will assume you have MS Office 2011 installed on your computer. No I would not delete them. Some of them are require by the MS programs ie. Word, Excel, PP, etc. Some you could possibly delete but I do not know which ones exactly. Hopefully someone comes along that can tell you which is which. In the meantime post a complete list of all apps in folder.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:57 PM   #3
AnorexicPig
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedept View Post
I will assume you have MS Office 2011 installed on your computer. No I would not delete them. Some of them are require by the MS programs ie. Word, Excel, PP, etc. Some you could possibly delete but I do not know which ones exactly. Hopefully someone comes along that can tell you which is which. In the meantime post a complete list of all apps in folder.
Yep,I have written Office 2011,just these 4 apps in the folder,I just noticed today this folder,it was not there before,just after the latest update MS rolled out.
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:15 PM   #4
firedept
macrumors Demi-God
 
firedept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post
Yep,I have written Office 2011,just these 4 apps in the folder,I just noticed today this folder,it was not there before,just after the latest update MS rolled out.
They are helper applications for elements of the Office suite and are needed components.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:30 PM   #5
AnorexicPig
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedept View Post
They are helper applications for elements of the Office suite and are needed components.
Thanks !
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC