Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rlr297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Hi All,

I know this isn't technically a Mac Pro question but I figured some of you may have the know-how to help me out.

I recently built a windows workstation and am trying to transfer my files from my Mac OS Extended (Journaled) hard-drives to my PC. I've tried doing it through file share over a network, but transfering multiple terabytes seems to be too large a task for this technique - especially when some are daisy chained.

Does anyone know of any faster processes? I'd love to be able to plug my hard drives into my comp through the esata or sata ports and just copy the files off.

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Don't you have a Gigabit Ethernet on the Windows PC and a Cat5e or Cat6 cable?

If not:
HFS+ (Hierarchical File System, a.k.a. Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Don't use case-sensitive)

rlr297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
That's exactly what I was doing but I was getting 17KB/S transfer rates. I've done it before and had decent speeds, but it wasn't working this time.

I was thinking it may be because I was transferring files from an external attached via esata to my Macbook Pro to the PC - there may be some bottleneck. Or there is some glitch going on.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

rlr297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
O wow thanks. Any chance you could refer me to any that you know are reputable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.