Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Dragoro
macrumors 6502

Newbie with question couple questions about wifi and also mail

With an iphone 4, when wifi is turned out, does the phone use wifi for everything but phone calls? Or are there some apps that still use cellular data?

Regarding mail, in a lot of folders I get options to move, mark, or archive but no option for delete. Is that normal?
Dragoro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
With an iphone 4, when wifi is turned out, does the phone use wifi for everything but phone calls? Or are there some apps that still use cellular data?

Regarding mail, in a lot of folders I get options to move, mark, or archive but no option for delete. Is that normal?
Your iPhone 4 will tend to prioritize wifi over cellular, in other words, when wifi is turned on, the phone will switch to wifi for any web browsing etc. I don't think any apps will use your cellular data when you are connected to wifi.

Regarding mail, I think that is the case.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:59 AM   #3
Dragoro
macrumors 6502

Okies, Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Eckscaliber
macrumors 6502a

To get the option to delete an email, you must go into the mail settings where you added your account. Edit the account and turn off message archive.
Eckscaliber is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Dragoro
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckscaliber View Post
To get the option to delete an email, you must go into the mail settings where you added your account. Edit the account and turn off message archive.
Thank you!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone