Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:44 PM   #1
emdh
macrumors newbie

Any way to view iPad apps on laptop?

I got an iPad for Christmas, but after using it for several days, wasn't convinced that I'd get enough use out of it. I'm used to using my MBP to watch movies and surf the internet, even when not at my desk. So I think the Mini would make more sense for me, since that would be a distinct difference as far as size/portability. But I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet. Will probably wait for the next generation model since I'm not in a hurry.

So my question is .... I bought an iPad magazine subscription before I took the iPad back, and now that I'm without an iPad, I'm wondering if there's any way I can access it on my MPB, or, can I transfer that purchase to a friend's iPad so I can read it on hers?

Would appreciate any feedback/ideas. Thanks!
emdh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:06 AM   #2
A Hebrew
macrumors 6502a

You would need to use your apple ID on your friends ipad to use it.

As for a laptop, I not think it is possible.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:14 AM   #3
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Correct, A Hebrew.

OP, you will need to sign in to the App Store with your Apple ID and then download the magazine app to your friend's iPad.

And no, it's not currently available for viewing on a Mac.

If you want to cancel it, go to your account in iTunes and look for 'Manage Subscriptions'.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad