Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Well, I donated $20 to Pod2G and the devteam with the release of RR... so I have no problems sending another $20 for a new exploit.

Frankly I can't help but imagine there's hundreds of thousands of dollars to be made for a valid exploit... if all those involved played their cards right I suspect many of us would pay quite a chunk of change for access to it.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Where did he get 10,000,000 Jb iphones from sounds way off to me.. I personally don't know who he is or how well he is known. personally never seen it so I would be hesitant to trust him. it's honestly not a bad idea just not sure he's the one to pull it off.

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Where did he get 10,000,000 Jb iphones from sounds way off to me.. I personally don't know who he is or how well he is known. personally never seen it so I would be hesitant to trust him. it's honestly not a bad idea just not sure he's the one to pull it off.

I hear you.
And who is this guy collecting money and why should anyone trust him or send him their cash?
Anyone can start collecting money and state its for this and that and then dissapear with everyones funds.
Unless its ran by a well known JB scene hacker or Saurik himself I wouldnt trust it.

Last edited:

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
Yeah i wouldn't waste my money throwing it to someone that isn't reputable or well known from the jailbreak community. And I don't think jailbreaks should be paid for.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Honestly if Pod2g or somebody like him started one. I'd be more then happy to give him some upfront support so he can take some days and focus on a jailbreak for research and development or so they can take time off work etc. I'd still want it free when it's done. That's what I was talking about when I mentioned the idea in another thread. Not interested in random people I never heard of.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I think drakestan got inspired by the other thread and wants some extra cash :p jk

Dr Sam Beckett

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
Weird, I suggested this a week ago.

i know haha i was thinking someone is lurking dwalls when i read the article

----------

not a bad thing.. but like others have said.. it would be a good idea if someone reputable was starting it.. jailbreakmatrix is a new and upcoming media for the scene.. not many know if hes legit

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
i know haha i was thinking someone is lurking dwalls when i read the article

----------

not a bad thing.. but like others have said.. it would be a good idea if someone reputable was starting it.. jailbreakmatrix is a new and upcoming media for the scene.. not many know if hes legit

I agree.

If I, or someone, were to start it, then I would team up with the dev team or at least chronic dev so there are the right people behind it.

EDIT: Okay wow, that person literally took my plan, verbatim, and implemented it days later. Kinda cool to see someone take my idea and run with it.

Dr Sam Beckett

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
I agree.

If I, or someone, were to start it, then I would team up with the dev team or at least chronic dev so there are the right people behind it.

EDIT: Okay wow, that person literally took my plan, verbatim, and implemented it days later. Kinda cool to see someone take my idea and run with it.

yeah the devs had no idea about this before hand

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
THis is a good idea, but there's a downside to this working.

If it works and a JB is found, that's great. But what about the future? Will devs ever release anything for free knowing that if they hold out long enough, people will raise funds for it?

Dr Sam Beckett

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012

If it works and a JB is found, that's great. But what about the future? Will devs ever release anything for free knowing that if they hold out long enough, people will raise funds for it?

yeah or someone who has one.. holding out longer for the price to go up on the funds.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

I don't know a out that. They will make their money anyway with donations after the fact. They don't need to sit there and hope some donate before.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
I have a jailbreak, but it is more like a root. Ive gotten firmware so it gives all apps superuser.

2asuvajy.jpg

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
The jailbreak-consuming public is incredibly demanding enough as it is, and seem to have driven at least one jailbreak developer from the scene, if I recall correctly. Can you imagine how demanding they'd (we'd) be if there was an upfront price paid? I can't even fathom...

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I have a jailbreak, but it is more like a root. Ive gotten firmware so it gives all apps superuser.
Good day Sir/Madam
PM me your Paypal stat! I will donate to you $1000 to get a beta from my offshore account offshore account, I do have to speak with my cousin in Nigeria to release the money to you and I will need you to send me some money first.

:D

Anyways this idea of the TS is just one more scam to get desperate people to release $

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.