Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Purdue

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
reply if you only have (ever had) a feature phone; not a smart phone; nor a data plan (have a smart phone with no connected data).

I'll start : Raises hand....

[Also, been a Mac user and part-time instructor since 1985. Not an iOS user]

I am anticipating a short number of replies... hehe... but curious.

Again, please only reply if have never been a smart/data phone user.

Cheers!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
reply if you only have (ever had) a feature phone; not a smart phone; nor a data plan (have a smart phone with no connected data).

I'll start : Raises hand....

[Also, been a Mac user and part-time instructor since 1985. Not an iOS user]

I am anticipating a short number of replies... hehe... but curious.

Again, please only reply if have never been a smart/data phone user.

Cheers!

I, too, am curious...

Was there a question in there somewhere?:confused:

Sorry, but I couldn't figure out what you are looking for in the way of responses...

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
My phone's most interesting feature is its rotary dial.

Its second interesting feature is the wire that connects it to the wall.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I'm also not sure what you are asking for. My phone is the original Motorola Razr and the one feature it has is blue tooth (hands free operation in my car).

Purdue

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
So, do I count THREE (3) actual feature-phone-only users?
Or has anyone missed being counted?

Roll-call by the way IS the question or request. Military or schools in the 18 through 20th century called 'roll' and one would respond in the affirmative. That's all this thread is ... a roll call for feature phone (ONLY) users. I hope that clears that up. Thanks for your support.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
This is tech forum and it's 2013... nearly everyone here will be using a smartphone. Even if they only got a cheap budget phone it'll run Android these days.

Purdue

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
This is tech forum and it's 2013... nearly everyone here will be using a smartphone. Even if they only got a cheap budget phone it'll run Android these days.

Yes, the sky is blue. You confirm my suspicions. But more importantly it allows one to verify assumptions are valid. I for one don't go around assuming the world is A; and am just as happy to find out it might be more B than presupposed.

And you didn't answer the roll; assuming you are like the masses and have a non-feature phone (aka smart) and data plan.

----------

Never had a smart phone, probably never will.

Awesome!

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Yes, the sky is blue. You confirm my suspicions. But more importantly it allows one to verify assumptions are valid. I for one don't go around assuming the world is A; and am just as happy to find out it might be more B than presupposed.

I very much appreciate the sentiment, but surely you know that querying this community isn't going to give you much information on the population at large.

I suspect that a large fraction of the phone owning world still do not own "smart" phones.

And you didn't answer the roll; assuming you are like the masses and have a non-feature phone (aka smart) and data plan.

----------

Awesome!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sense just a hint of derision being directed towards the smart phone owning public. If that's the case, why?

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I think a poll would have been a more useful tool to include here for your data gathering. But perhaps your lack of familiarity with newer tech means you're unsure of this possibility?...

Purdue

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
I, too, am curious...

Was there a question in there somewhere?:confused:

Sorry, but I couldn't figure out what you are looking for in the way of responses...

"reply if you have/use a smartphone"... only via FREE WIFI, essentially

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.