Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mayanks20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
Hi all,

I used snowbreeze and jailbreaked iphone 3gs having ios 6.1.3. Initially i had ios 4.0 with different base band. my model is 2009 one. i also had shsh blobs saved for 4.X.

Using snowbreeze i jailbroked the ios 6.1.3 and i can see the cydia in the app. Now the thing is i need to unlock the phone but its on 05.16.08 baseband. I am not sure how to do it with redsnow. If i do with redsnow do i have to jailbreak it again?

Please help or redirect me to steps to unlock the phone in my situation.
Thanks in advance.

Mike.:apple:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
5.16.08 cannot be unlocked,

you need to upgrade to the ipad BB 06.15.00 and then downgrade to 05.13.04 which is the highest unlockble BB with ultrasn0w.

Try iclarified for the tutorials.

Alternatively you can buy an IMEI unlcok online to have the phone permanently unlocked.

mayanks20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I will try the redsnow method to upgrade the baseband.

One quick question how legit is the IMIE permanent unlock? If it is do you know any such website which does this. It will be better if the phone is permanently unlock so that i can have ios 7 on it next month. :)

Thanks
Mike

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Thanks for your reply. I will try the redsnow method to upgrade the baseband.

One quick question how legit is the IMIE permanent unlock? If it is do you know any such website which does this. It will be better if the phone is permanently unlock so that i can have ios 7 on it next month. :)

Thanks
Mike

IMEI unlocks are permanent and better than a software unlock like ultrasn0w.

check the numerous threads here on the forum for good unlock sites.

mayanks20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
Imie

Thanks for the comments.

I paid 4 bucks to a website and waiting for there unlocked code now..
fingers crossed.

Thanks
Mike

ju3460

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2013
I have recently purchased a jailbroken iphone 3G model MC131B/A version 6.1.13(10B329) it will not recognise my sim card. I have tried everything and am at my wits end. I have no idea what imei i need. Please help

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I have recently purchased a jailbroken iphone 3G model MC131B/A version 6.1.13(10B329) it will not recognise my sim card. I have tried everything and am at my wits end. I have no idea what imei i need. Please help

You bought a 3GS not a 3G as it has 6.1.3, the max a 3G can have is 4.2.1

Do some research first on iOS, baseband, jailbreaking, unlocking, use search or google the iphone wiki and those terms

IMEI is the unique identifier for your phone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.