Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Hello All,
I purchased a T-Mobile iPhone 5 yesterday but it came with 6.1.3 . I was wondering what would be the process of getting one with 6.1.2 ?

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Hello All,
I purchased a T-Mobile iPhone 5 yesterday but it came with 6.1.3 . I was wondering what would be the process of getting one with 6.1.2 ?

Just a suggestion...a more informative title often gets more useful responses. It helps folks know whether they can help or not. :D

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Hello All,

Most likely there would have to be something wrong with the phone and you'd have to return it. But I highly doubt that you'll get one with 6.1.2

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Did you buy the phone from T-Mobile or Apple?

T-Mobile

----------

Most likely there would have to be something wrong with the phone and you'd have to return it. But I highly doubt that you'll get one with 6.1.2

oh , well I'll see if I can give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully they can just swap the devices.

midnightMachine

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
I'm sure T-Mobile has no way of controlling what software version comes shipped on the iPhones that they sell. And I seriously doubt even if they did have them, and they knew which ones had which os, that they would just exchange it based on that.. especially if they ask why, and you answer "to jailbreak it" (thats the only reason I can imagine you'd need 6.1.2)..

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Ah maybe that is why. I bought my T-Mobile version via the Apple store and got ios 6.1.2 today. Maybe T-Mobile only offers the iPhone 5 in ios 6.1.3?

The display version has 6.1.2 .

----------

I spoke to someone a few minutes ago and they said No , They have no control of which OS is on the device.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It seems pretty random.

I went to the apple store and bought an unlocked one yesterday and it had 6.1 on it. Got home and realized that it was the old model that doesn't support Tmobile AWS so I returned it today.

Exchanged for the Tmobile model and it has 6.1.2 on it. They also gave me a $25 Apple gift card. Pretty nice.

At the Tmobile store, all the ones we had came with 6.1.3 except the demo. The demo was on 6.1.2

Akack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2011
USA
Ah maybe that is why. I bought my T-Mobile version via the Apple store and got ios 6.1.2 today. Maybe T-Mobile only offers the iPhone 5 in ios 6.1.3?

Its random. I bought from T Mobile store and both had iOS 6.1.2.

1st one : had a chip so I exchanged it next day
2nd one: perfect out of box

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
It seems pretty random.

I went to the apple store and bought an unlocked one yesterday and it had 6.1 on it. Got home and realized that it was the old model that doesn't support Tmobile AWS so I returned it today.

Exchanged for the Tmobile model and it has 6.1.2 on it. They also gave me a $25 Apple gift card. Pretty nice.

At the Tmobile store, all the ones we had came with 6.1.3 except the demo. The demo was on 6.1.2

Oh , I guess I'm not that lucky to get one with 6.1.2 =( .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.