Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
Try taking it to the Apple store? if its still in warranty even if its not worth a try instead of the headache its giving you

bobbytallant

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Hi - again the iphone has a custom back plate - not sure why the original owner decided to do this, looks awful IMO, it is like a transparent back plate - you can see the iphone's internals, battery etc.. I am quite sure this means the warranty is void, even eliminating the option for me to pay to have it replaced (which I probably would tbh). It is actually within the original 12 month period - until Feb 2013 actually.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Hi - again the iphone has a custom back plate - not sure why the original owner decided to do this, looks awful IMO, it is like a transparent back plate - you can see the iphone's internals, battery etc.. I am quite sure this means the warranty is void, even eliminating the option for me to pay to have it replaced (which I probably would tbh). It is actually within the original 12 month period - until Feb 2013 actually.

I don't think so.

Just taking off the back does nothing... I took my iPhone back off out of curiosity, there is a void if removed tab over the battery though...

You could just buy a new backplate and swap it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.