Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
I called all the Apple stores in Atlanta earlier and 1 guy told me, "I can tell you when we can start selling them but I can recommend you try Apple.com tonight"... I've been watching the site with no mention of this at all until a few minutes ago...

You can order a cellular ipad mini from apple.com for in-store pickup tomorrow! :D I thought I would share for those looking to buy one this weekend!

- Joe

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 230

arom

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
How do you figure? The option is greyed out. You can't select it as an option, just yet...

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
How do you figure? The option is greyed out. You can't select it as an option, just yet...

That's because it's not after 10 PM.

I would only expect Verizon or Sprint models to be available if anything is available at all. Something happened with the AT&T models and that's why those that ordered AT&T models haven't started receiving them like the people that ordered Verizon models.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
The stores all got delivery today. Here in northern california, half the stores are selling them today, yet the stores closest to me (that I can easily get to) say not selling until tomorrow. I talked to 800-MY APPLE and they said there is no reason for them not to sell today as the "release day" was the 14th.

Another example of "the new apple" ... they better get their sh@#$ together or they're going to go down.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
I called all the Apple stores in Atlanta earlier and 1 guy told me, "I can tell you when we can start selling them but I can recommend you try Apple.com tonight"... I've been watching the site with no mention of this at all until a few minutes ago...

You can order a cellular ipad mini from apple.com for in-store pickup tomorrow! :D I thought I would share for those looking to buy one this weekend!

- Joe

Is it my eyes or does it say "Pick up: currently unavailable"?....how come you think that will change Joe?

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
The stores all got delivery today. Here in northern california, half the stores are selling them today, yet the stores closest to me (that I can easily get to) say not selling until tomorrow. I talked to 800-MY APPLE and they said there is no reason for them not to sell today as the "release day" was the 14th.

Another example of "the new apple" ... they better get their sh@#$ together or they're going to go down.

Do you know what stores? Any in the Bay Area?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
No store is selling the mini today, PERIOD. Tomorrow at the earliest is the consensus. Check online after 10pm tonight.

Hillsdale is selling them TODAY. Stop saying words like "period" ... it just makes you silly when you don't have first hand knowledge. I was just in there, they're selling them, they just didn't have the 64gb white ATT model, everything else they do.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
No store is selling the mini today, PERIOD. Tomorrow at the earliest is the consensus. Check online after 10pm tonight.

Actually you are wrong. I called stoneridge mall and they are selling them. I'm picking up a Verizon mini right now

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Actually you are wrong. I called stoneridge mall and they are selling them. I'm picking up a Verizon mini right now

Stoneridge
Burlingame
Hillsdale
Valley Fair

All selling them.. but that guy claims to know better, so let him stay home, PERIOD, hehe

ckiggins314

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
FYI, before this morning that option did not exist - it said "Pick Up - Available mid-November."

Only this morning did it switch to the "inventory updated 10pm" message.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
FYI, before this morning that option did not exist - it said "Pick Up - Available mid-November."

Only this morning did it switch to the "inventory updated 10pm" message.

Exactly my point... All Apple employess say Apple hasn't announced an official launch date but because that changed today it shows that it truly should be official for tomorrow. :D

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Exactly my point... All Apple employess say Apple hasn't announced an official launch date but because that changed today it shows that it truly should be official for tomorrow. :D

Nothing official about this launch when people have been getting deliveries from Apple since the 14th, and half the 20 stores in my market are selling them and the other aren't. There's not been and won't be any official "launch" ... that happened to the "Mini" when it came out 2 weeks ago as the Mini Wifi, this just has an extra spec.

arom

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Nothing official about this launch when people have been getting deliveries from Apple since the 14th, and half the 20 stores in my market are selling them and the other aren't. There's not been and won't be any official "launch" ... that happened to the "Mini" when it came out 2 weeks ago as the Mini Wifi, this just has an extra spec.

No "official" launch you say??? Certainly looks like AT&T did via a press release today...

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23557&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35721&mapcode=wireless

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
No "official" launch you say??? Certainly looks like AT&T did via a press release today...

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23557&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35721&mapcode=wireless

Yeah, this thread is referring to the Apple stores, AT&T announced they're carrying it now, but that's unrelated to Apple stores. Apple has carried iPad Mini for weeks, for them to put out a press release to say they're getting the ATT version isn't going to happen, Apple doesn't work like that. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.