Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedirtyduo

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Hi, a client has sent me a bunch of Power Point presentations. When I open them up in PP on my Mac some of the slides texts overlap. I believe this is because they are having text come up on the same slide with a click of a button. How do I view them on PowerPoint in view mode (which my boss said I need to do) so that I see all the slides individually?

Also, I need to save them as PNG's to insert into FCP. Is there a shortcut to save all the slides at once as a PNG instead of opening one at a time and saving?

sosd53.png

Thanks,

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
To view the slides from the menu View > Slideshow.

To automate the process of creating png files use File > Share > Send to iPhoto. In the format drop down box change the default from jpeg to png. You should be able to access your iPhoto Library from FCP.

thedirtyduo

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
half way there.

Thanks James for your response. Exporting to iPhoto worked great. i will do that from now on, but I the slides still overlap. If I put it in Slideshow mode I do see the slides without any overlap but I don't see an option to send them to iPhoto. I have to go back into edit mode. How can I export the slides in Slideshow mode. My only option so thus far is to take screen shots of each slide.

Help!! :)

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Thanks James for your response. Exporting to iPhoto worked great. i will do that from now on, but I the slides still overlap. If I put it in Slideshow mode I do see the slides without any overlap but I don't see an option to send them to iPhoto. I have to go back into edit mode. How can I export the slides in Slideshow mode. My only option so thus far is to take screen shots of each slide.

Help!! :)

The reason that the text overlaps is because whoever put the slide deck together but a build in, so the slide builds in stages, when the mouse button is clicked, the only way is to go into the slide and remove the intermediate builds and just leave the final text. I don't know an easy way of doing it to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.