Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old May 23, 2013, 03:02 PM   #51
Acorn
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
Cleaning the screen is no fun, yeah you can NOT touch it but it still accumulates dust so you have to deal with it. Also litte tiny spit dots are a PITA. lol
lol @ spit dots. I got those from a rogue sneeze and i wasnt even facing the screen at the time.

I have had the 27 since march and its awesome. I play guild wars 2 osx beta client at max settings + max resolution and get 60+ fps with the 675mx. Its nice to be able to play a game in osx running smooth like butter and not worrying about rebooting to windows to play.

I threw in 32gb of ram to run different VMs and havent looked back.

I was strictly a laptop user before i bought the imac. now I hardly use the laptop at all.
Acorn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 03:14 PM   #52
AllergyDoc
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefo View Post
I'm a first time iMac and OSX owner. So far it's the best computing decision I ever made. I really dig the all in one design 27" iMac. Big yet compact and very power efficient. It's been solid for the last two months.
Exactly my experience.
AllergyDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 04:44 PM   #53
seble
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
lol @ spit dots. I got those from a rogue sneeze and i wasnt even facing the screen at the time.

I have had the 27 since march and its awesome. I play guild wars 2 osx beta client at max settings + max resolution and get 60+ fps with the 675mx. Its nice to be able to play a game in osx running smooth like butter and not worrying about rebooting to windows to play.

I threw in 32gb of ram to run different VMs and havent looked back.

I was strictly a laptop user before i bought the imac. now I hardly use the laptop at all.
Oh yeah those, sneezing a lot at the moment, especially with hayfever!
I rregret not going with 16GB Ram, but couldn't afford it, page outs to the max! Good thing fusion drive helps take carre of that!
seble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 03:37 AM   #54
themomopan
macrumors member

Having severe issues with mine.

1) Severe Image Retention
2) Computer freezing in the following scenarios:
a) When I click on the notifications tab on the top right hand corner, it lags so much I can't get out of it. When I click it, it doesn't do anything, the rest of the computer becomes completely inaccessible.
b) Bootup: at the boot up screen, the computer does not recognize any of the keys I type into the password bar at all. I don't even have a password so I just press enter, but nothing happens even though the computer recognizes the hardware. The only way to get my computer to boot up is to press the power button to put it to sleep (and that takes a while too), and spamming the enter button.
c) Login after sleep: Same thing as above, except the computer isn't even accessible with the sleep>spam trick. I have to hard reset.
d) Computer takes about a minute to boot up from the original 10 seconds.

Note: I only have about 100 gigs of data stored on this computer out of 758.

Been planning to bring this **** in....Anyone else have this issue>
themomopan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 05:46 AM   #55
Mac32
macrumors 6502a

No issues with my iMac (768gb SSD, 680MX, 3.4ghz i7, 16gb ram). Screen is perfect, no quality issues, very powerful for an AiO system. Brilliant design, best computer I ever had. So yeah, I like it.
Mac32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 08:04 PM   #56
DDaddyx2
macrumors member

No complaints at all about my 27" Core i7 with 16gb of RAM and the 1tb fusion. I've probably rebooted this thing less since I got it than I did during a week with my Windows computer. Super fast and I love the big screen. I told my father that it's the most fun I've had with a computer since he brought home our Apple II+ when I was a kid.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Tags
2013, apple, imac, interim