Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Notoriously-RyP
macrumors newbie

Buying multiple products

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy myself a 27" iMac along with a Macbook Air 13". I'm wondering if there's any way buying multiple Apple products at once (e.g. those above) will end up reducing potential expenses? I may wait until the update, but I'd still like to know now.

Thanks in advance.
Notoriously-RyP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Moonjumper
macrumors 65816

Probably not directly from Apple, but a reseller might. Even if they do not offer a discount on the machines themselves, you may be able to get more RAM at a discount, or software, or external drives... Basically, you are more likely to be able to get a discount on any non-Apple components in your purchase, but you might be lucky with the computers.
Moonjumper is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:12 PM   #3
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

might save on shipping.

also if you buy in the BTS offer you might get 2 of the special gifts, not sure on that though.
charlieegan3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Notoriously-RyP
macrumors newbie

Okay, yeah I was pretty sceptical when posting too, just thought I'd check. Thanks guys for your replies!
Notoriously-RyP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:20 AM   #5
Ves
macrumors member

I think Moonjumper got it right. Apple resellers might be the way to go. Won't be big discounts but smaller stuff.
Ves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:21 AM   #6
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notoriously-RyP View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy myself a 27" iMac along with a Macbook Air 13". I'm wondering if there's any way buying multiple Apple products at once (e.g. those above) will end up reducing potential expenses? I may wait until the update, but I'd still like to know now.

Thanks in advance.
About six-seven years ago, retailers in Europe had ridiculously low margins on Apple computers (don't know about Apple products in general though). I have a hard time thinking that it's changed or that it's any different in other places in the world.

So as the others are saying, you are more likely to get a discount if you throw in a few other items in there on which the retailer has a better profit margin.
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice