Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbillyto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Toronto
I have an iMac and was using a wireless HP printer no problem. Yesterday, I upgraded to the all in one and modem/router from Rogers so I have had to create a new home network.
So the iMac says my HP printer is the default but it can't find it. I am guessing this is because I need to add the printer to the new network as well.
Any advice on how to get this setup? I have tried every angle I can think of but no joy...

I'm still a newbie on Mac (won't be able to use that excuse much longer I guess).

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have an iMac and was using a wireless HP printer no problem. Yesterday, I upgraded to the all in one and modem/router from Rogers so I have had to create a new home network.
So the iMac says my HP printer is the default but it can't find it. I am guessing this is because I need to add the printer to the new network as well.
Any advice on how to get this setup? I have tried every angle I can think of but no joy...

I'm still a newbie on Mac (won't be able to use that excuse much longer I guess).

Have you tried connecting it through the printer interface? Go into the setup screen on the printer and connect to the new network you setup. Should work then. For some reason I had to do this with my all in one HP printer as well. iMac would see it but would not connect. And hooking it up directly to the iMac did not work for me as then I could not use it with the other macs in my house through my wireless network. The other thing you could try is plugging it into Mac initially so Mac can recognize it, then unhook it and see if wireless network will work. I had to go through all this due to the fact I keep everything up to date on my macs and my printer is an older HP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.