Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Closed Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:59 PM   #126
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
Speaking in general and not about rape in particular, the best defensive strategy is to avoid putting yourself in situations likely to be risky in the first place.
I can't reply to eraserhead, since he's on my ignore list. So in reply to him, yeah martial arts is great, and a handgun is a good backup. I'd hate to bring a roundhouse kick to a gun fight.

You're right, you shouldn't put yourself in a situation likely to be risky. Chances are you'll never need your firearm, though it is possible to be at your local gas station paying for gas when a gunman shows up.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
Could you be more condescending?
I could have but not sure what you mean, really. I think it's a man raping a woman (or even another man) is disgusting. There is something wrong with him.
ericrwalker is offline   0
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:59 PM   #127
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
So in reply to him, yeah martial arts is great, and a handgun is a good backup. I'd hate to bring a roundhouse kick to a gun fight.
Assuming the gunman is close enough (as they'd have to be to carry out a rape) the martial artist will almost certainly win the fight.

Quote:
though it is possible to be at your local gas station paying for gas when a gunman shows up.
I think shooting a gun at a gas station sounds like the best idea ever .
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:01 PM   #128
ericrwalker
Banned

Hopefully your rapist doesn't know kung fu.

LOL you think shooting a gun at a gas station is going to make it blow up? Crazy, you watch too much TV. Not sure how they do it in the UK, but it's a store you go into an pay.

FYI: I've seen people smoking a cigarette over a gas can and the hot ashes fall off into the gas and it did nothing.
ericrwalker is offline   1
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:29 PM   #129
mcrain
Banned

Quote:
FYI: I've seen people smoking a cigarette over a gas can and the hot ashes fall off into the gas and it did nothing.
That might be because gasoline itself is not flammable. It's fumes are. You can put a match out in gasoline, although I do not suggest trying that.
mcrain is offline   0
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:09 PM   #130
balamw

MOD NOTE: Far too much bickering in this thread. Take a break.

B
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:48 PM   #131
balamw

MOD NOTE: After some discussion among the staff we have decided to leave this one closed for good as the thread appears to have run its course.

B

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues