Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:55 AM   #76
Treycal
macrumors newbie

I ordered my 21.5" iMac (2.9 GHz i5/1 TB Fusion/16 GB Ram) on Jan 27/13. Moved from processing to preparing for shipment on Feb 5 and then to shipped on Feb 6. I'm expecting delivery on Friday (Feb 8) in Calgary, AB. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the time frame.

Cheers,

Treycal
Treycal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:21 AM   #77
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
I just got a text message from my App in my iPhone that my iMac has landed in Memphis,TN. just now at 9:30 pm Wednesday Feb 6th. That is plenty of time to get to my city of Las Vegas, on Friday. It appears it will arrive on Friday after all. That is so cool. It did not even go to Alaska, that I see in the tracking. It went from Shanghai, China straight to Memphis, TN. I thought it might to a west coast hug like Ontario, Ca but nope. So it will clear customs in Memphis I guess.

That means it shipped on the 5th, (actually the 6th of Feb since it missed the plane on the 5th) and will get here on the 8th, that is like 2 actually shipping days but 3 days total. That's Express Shipping at its Best!!!
I don't usually quote myself but so you have the complete picture I am. I was surprised this morning to find out that my new iMac is OUT FOR DELIVERY as I type this. Way ahead of schedule. I guess the $30 extra dollars I paid for shipping really paid off. It was shipped Feb 5, but missed the plane because of not making the cutoff in order to get it on the plane.

So I was bummed out, to say the least. But the date Delivery was scheduled for did not change it was still set for Friday Feb 8th. However today i looked and seen it arrived in Las Vegas, at 5 am and thought it would be so cool if they delivered it even one day earlier.

Guess what It is OUT FOR DELIVERY. Wahoo!!!!

Here is my iMac's Travel History which was super fast and super short.

Click Here for Picture
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:32 PM   #78
Daves0024
macrumors newbie

Mine shipped last Saturday and the shipping only updated Monday. It was leaving Sacramento CA. FedEx tracking is horrible because I haven't had an update in 2 days. I am supposed to receive it Saturday the 9th. I should have paid the extra for shipping because it seems they are really moving slow.
Daves0024 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:05 PM   #79
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves0024 View Post
Mine shipped last Saturday and the shipping only updated Monday. It was leaving Sacramento CA. FedEx tracking is horrible because I haven't had an update in 2 days. I am supposed to receive it Saturday the 9th. I should have paid the extra for shipping because it seems they are really moving slow.
I for one is glad that I paid Express Shipping and it got here in 2 days actually as the 1st day I did not count as it missed the plane. So 3 days but actually time in flight etc.. was only 2 days and I think that was super fast. This machine is beautiful. I already installed my 32 GB ram, and I am good to go.
Used my Time Machine to restore everything and it went like clockwork.

No problems so far, (knock on wood) hopefully will stay that way. Fed Ex came this morning a full day earlier on Thursday instead of the scheduled Friday delivery. It was great.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:55 PM   #80
Daves0024
macrumors newbie

Now with a Blizzard coinciding with my delivery date here in NJ I may be waiting till next week.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:40 AM   #81
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves0024 View Post
Now with a Blizzard coinciding with my delivery date here in NJ I may be waiting till next week.
Did it arrive yet?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:51 PM   #82
Daves0024
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
Did it arrive yet?
Yes, it arrived a day earlier than the shipping originally said. The shipping did not update at all for a few days and then it went straight to "on the truck for delivery" Opened it up and transferred my files over. Runs excellent, everything came just as ordered.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac