Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Hello all. I don't know if anyone else has tried this or not, but I was {("configurating")} [<-------I know it's not a word] a blu homes home and apparently, running the customizing tool online and having it set to the 3D method was too much for my early 2009 20" 2.66GHZ C2D iMac with 8GB RAM. SO I would just warn people that would like to try it out with older machines; this might make your Mac crash! It crashed mine...twice.

Blu Homes

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Working on a fix

We have observed the 3D Configurator working successfully on some macs but crashing on others. We are trying to get to the bottom of what's causing this issue. While we try to find a fix, we recommend that you use the 2D Configurator. It requires less processor power and is a more desirable alternative if you continue to have issues with the 3D version crashing your computer. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Last edited:

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
We have observed the 3D Configurator working successfully on some macs but crashing on others. We are trying to get to the bottom of what's causing this issue. While we try to find a fix, we recommend that you use the 2D Configurator. It requires less processor power and is a more desirable alternative if you continue to have issues with the 3D version crashing your computer. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Hi! Your homes are awesome! I think it has to do with my under-powered GPU(which I assumed might happen if I continued to use it) but I just wanted to be sure. I wasn't even upset about it; to be honest. Thanks for responding though...if Blu Homes IS in fact your real name!

Blu Homes

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Update!

Update: we have loaded a new version of the Configurator on our website that seems to resolve a lot of the crashes users have experienced. Let us know if you have any trouble. Thank you for the useful feedback!

So happy to hear that you love our homes. Let us know if you come across any additional issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.