Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
I got really attached to my 2010 MacMini, to the point that I dont want to swap it for a 2012 machine. I just feel like Snow Leopard is the right OS for me, altough I think I would be satisfied with Mountain Lion.

"Love your Mac" was very well used by Apple as a ad line, so Im wondering, why do you love your machine and what keeps you from changing it?

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
I've got a foot in each world: SL on my MP which I use for work, and ML on my 2 MBPs. The Mac Pro was acting weird with Mt. Lion installed and started to behave again when I reverted to Snow Leopard.

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
NH
Because most tasks I do on my Mac are elegantly designed. Mac apps and OS X are, by and large, just so much nicer to use than Windows. Because of this I am *far* more productive on my Mac than I ever was on my Windows machine.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
OS X has really cool starter apps, even I use the utilities everyday. Font Book - Awesome font sorting, Image Capture - Gets all my pictures out of all my iThings, Terminal, Activity Monitor, Console, Automator, Disk Utility, Grab, Bluetooth File Exchange.

When was the last time you used Disk Defragmenter? :eek:

TextEdit is so much better than WordPad too IMO. Dictionary is amazing too.

As for my Mac itself... I like that it just works.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
The apps... which make everything I do easier and continues to make my life more productive... and the stability... and the lack of maintenance software-wise that is not needed... it just works... saving me a lot of downtime.

G4er?

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Temple, TX
Because it is easy to open, has expansion room and isn't as big and heavy as the Mac Pro. It's old but still works.
Which means Apple has nothing to replace it with.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
First Mac was a white G5 iMac, and I wasn't sure I'd like it, in fact, the minimal desktop/menu bar was annoying at first. :rolleyes: (First week only...) But what really made me love it was the attention to detail, the icons were so cool and everything exuded Charm, with capital C. The thing that made me love it was a little anthropomorphic touch: the little sleep light that gently breathed on the front. That was totally huggable. I really, REALLY miss that in my sleek 2011 iMac. That was a big disappointment. --Also all the greyness in Lion & Mountain Lion until I used a hack to bring back the color icons in the Finder. I really hope that Apple doesn't wipe the Charm right out of all iMacs in the future!

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
I've had a bunch of Macs. And a bunch of PCs, and I can't say I " loved " any of them. They've both given me great service,

Though if I had to pick one. My Pismo laptop. I had a Dell Tower throughout college, it did my heavy lifting ( oh what days those were running Simulations on a Pentium 3 ;), holy crap ). And my major reports ( Word for windows was WAY better back then ) and gaming of course.

Everything else for those 4 and a half years I did on my Pismo, never gave me one problem, OSX was pretty rough in those days, by rough, I mean. Bad.

But, it had awesome battery life, best laptop screen you could get at the time, firewire as well ( my 1st camcorder, sony handy cam could read off its tapes and go right to firewire ), came with tons of kinda ******, but good video software that worked.

Never had an issue with it. Still have it to this day, its easily my fave Mac.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Because it can use KaleidoScope :eek:.

I've used PC's and Windows 7 is ugly compared to the look of MacOS. It's not as stable or issue-free as Mac OS X, but the look/feel of MacOS 9 is so much nicer... I especially like the system fonts and the rainbow-colored Apple logo... and ClarisWorks :).

vincelam

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
Sydney, Australia
ever since i got my first computer and mac in 2009. i knew that it could not be compared to a windows. A mac just does everything a PC does but better. Apple is the Quality and PC is the Quantity

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.