Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
The split keyboard is amazing on the mini for my small hands, but in a couple of apps (iawriter, tapatalk) I've noticed if you try to edit a very long post that covers the screen the post doesn't get pushed up above the split keyboard so you can see the bottom of the post when your cursor is there. The post does rearrange to show itself if you use the full keyboard. Anybody notice this? Is this a problem that existed on other iPads?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
The split keyboard is amazing on the mini for my small hands, but in a couple of apps (iawriter, tapatalk) I've noticed if you try to edit a very long post that covers the screen the post doesn't get pushed up above the split keyboard so you can see the bottom of the post when your cursor is there. The post does rearrange to show itself if you use the full keyboard. Anybody notice this? Is this a problem that existed on other iPads?

Same on my ipad 3rd gen at times too. normally happens in landscape, so I usually flip to portrait to sort it. Seems to be an iOS 6 issue as I didnt have to do it previously.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Same on my ipad 3rd gen at times too. normally happens in landscape, so I usually flip to portrait to sort it. Seems to be an iOS 6 issue as I didnt have to do it previously.

Ah I see. Too bad it wasn't fixed in 6.0.1 then :( not a huge deal but annoying. It happens in portrait mode for me as well.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
I also experience a floating horizontal line in safari after switching to split keyboard. Does iOS 7 fix this issue? I'm in no hurry to update but would if I had confirmation that the split keyboard bugs are fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.