Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
I'm doing everything the same as I've done before in 097. (Still using 097)

The source folder (in this case video_ts folder of a DVD Shrink rip of a non-hd dvd video) shows up as 1h20m, 1-17 chapters for example.

I browse to create the file (using the atv2 preset)

And hit start. Everything I've done before.

But only 11 min gets rendered.

What simple thing am I missing?

Supernerd

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
Yo momma's house
A possibility is that you are not ripping the right title. Play the DVD in DVD player and play the movie. While the movie is playing, click "go" at the top of the screen and rollover "title" in the drop-down menu. See which title is checked. In Handbrake, make sure you are ripping the same title. Some DVD's have many different titles which are partial or erratic to prevent against ripping, because the ripping program might automatically select the wrong title, leaving people like you confused and frustrated.

JohnnyComeLatly

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Sounds similar to issue I had ripping a new dvd which has the 99 titles meant to confuse rippers. Does the DVD drive start to make really weird noises?

As mentioned, I used another app to find the chapter with the movie part I wanted and then went back to HandBrake to rip just that chapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.