Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Aug 9, 2013, 07:06 PM   #26
Ronnoco
macrumors 68010

Ok, I have a question for you guys that use the Apple Displays with the thunderbolt equipped MBA's...
I use an non Thunderbolt 27" ACD with my 2013 MBA. It works very well connected via the MiniDisplay port passed through the Thunderbolt port on the MBA. My question is, is there any way to split that thunderbolt port via splitter cable or Thunderbolt hub? I want to use my ethernet connection via the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter but since I am using the Thunderbolt port on the MBA for the MiniDisplay cable to the ACD, I have no way to use it.
Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 06:45 PM   #27
micrors4racer
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnoco View Post
Ok, I have a question for you guys that use the Apple Displays with the thunderbolt equipped MBA's...
I use an non Thunderbolt 27" ACD with my 2013 MBA. It works very well connected via the MiniDisplay port passed through the Thunderbolt port on the MBA. My question is, is there any way to split that thunderbolt port via splitter cable or Thunderbolt hub? I want to use my ethernet connection via the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter but since I am using the Thunderbolt port on the MBA for the MiniDisplay cable to the ACD, I have no way to use it.
Thanks for any help.
It should work the way you want to with a thunderbolt hub. But for the price of a TB hub, you can just sell your ACD and pick up the TB display.
micrors4racer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 07:12 PM   #28
Ronnoco
macrumors 68010

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4racer View Post
It should work the way you want to with a thunderbolt hub. But for the price of a TB hub, you can just sell your ACD and pick up the TB display.
Yes, I've been considering that...waiting on a refresh. I also just purchased a USB 3 to Gigabit Ehternet adapter and it works great.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air