Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smjd45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2013
Check out this Trailer for 10 short films that were shot in only 3 days using a Red Epic and Cooke Panchro lenses. These films genre's range from drama, comedy, romance, and thriller. They were created to make a positive impact in the world and through them funds will be raised for charity, which goes to helping underprivileged people from all walks of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhuXyMEPPHc

Last edited:

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Unfortunately this doesn’t sell it for me.

I had to read your post a couple of times even after watching to understand that it was in fact clips of 10 different films I was watching!

Why have you made a trailer like this as it makes nearly no sense to me as a viewer.

I can’t seem to grasp any of the story lines and the mismatch of emotions throws me all over the place.

There are some nice shots in there but as a trailer for me it did not meet the mark as I was not able to latch onto any of the films that I would perhaps like to watch.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Firstly lets get something in perspective. What is a trailer?????? certainly not what i have been watching.
You be better of making a documentary on the subject. What you are showing us will be a turn off for many people. Only those who knew him will appreciate what you are doing.
To me nothing made sense what i was viewing.

smjd45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2013
i agree with you to an extent, but i understand its just a montage of 10 different films and I thought the editing using the final cut pro was great

Unfortunately this doesn’t sell it for me.

I had to read your post a couple of times even after watching to understand that it was in fact clips of 10 different films I was watching!

Why have you made a trailer like this as it makes nearly no sense to me as a viewer.

I can’t seem to grasp any of the story lines and the mismatch of emotions throws me all over the place.

There are some nice shots in there but as a trailer for me it did not meet the mark as I was not able to latch onto any of the films that I would perhaps like to watch.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
i agree with you to an extent, but i understand its just a montage of 10 different films and I thought the editing using the final cut pro was great

Were you not part of the crew then?

If you worked on this I could give you some credit but as something to show off with no association I don’t think it really is that impressive?

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
I think your posting of your montage video material should have been left in you circle of people who know the story.
Glad you like FCP but you never mention which version. Good luck with the art of editing for any future project.
Personally i think you presented your video in the wrong format.

marlon69

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Sorry about your brother

I think you should add some dialogue to keep us interested. What's it about? Nice music and I like the slomo parts. It's hard if even possible to try to make a trailer of 10 films (shot i 3 days?) I don't know but I just finished a 13 min short shot on Red Epic and we needed all three days just for that one short. I'd suggest to tone done the 10 films in 3 days and try to make something worth watching. Is there good material for 1-2 I think you should be happy but then again maybe you have a great plan and 10 great scripts. What do I know.:eek:

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
I think his exercise has something to do with a member of the family who has past away. That is why he got them all together. The skill factor and trailer are not in question here, but to show his work he needed to use a system to show them.
Please note i may be completely wrong but that is how it comes over to me.
His brother was a video maker?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.