Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrb1946

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Ok, I have a White MacBook that I got in August in '07 (2007). I just made a Boot Camp partition that is 32 GBs. I installed Windows 7 and the newest Boot Camp drivers (2.1). Everything works great. The only [agrivating] thing that is left, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard (Aluminum) and Wireless Migty Mouse (both Bluetooth). When I go to the add new Bluetooth device menu, I click the Mighty Mouse and it just continuously says that it is connecting to the device. It hangs. Any help? Anyone know how I can get the mouse and keyboard to work properly? I would assume that the solution is the same for Vista as it is for 7, so if anyone had this problem in Vista, please tell me how you fixed it.

-Thanks

ExcelonGT

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
Ok, I have a White MacBook that I got in August in '07 (2007). I just made a Boot Camp partition that is 32 GBs. I installed Windows 7 and the newest Boot Camp drivers (2.1). Everything works great. The only [agrivating] thing that is left, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard (Aluminum) and Wireless Migty Mouse (both Bluetooth). When I go to the add new Bluetooth device menu, I click the Mighty Mouse and it just continuously says that it is connecting to the device. It hangs. Any help? Anyone know how I can get the mouse and keyboard to work properly? I would assume that the solution is the same for Vista as it is for 7, so if anyone had this problem in Vista, please tell me how you fixed it.

-Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDFLWq3hXwk

i came across this. Although it didnt fix my A2DP problem, it should help you out.

ArtursBoy

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
AZ

-Thanks

Hi, I dont have Windows 7, or the apple bluetooth mouse or keyboard. I have Windows Vista, and I have the Microsoft Notebook bluetooth mouse 5000.

I had a similar issue when I was first trying to connect the mouse. What I did was when I was first setting up the mouse under bluetooth devices, instead of manually entering a "passkey" for the mouse (which was 0000), I selected the "no passkey" option, and now it connects everytime automatically.

Maybe this can work for you too.

wbtlevi

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2009
I had exactly the same issue. The thing is though, I knew that when I first installed W7 that my mouse and keyboard worked flawlessly. I ended up uninstalling the bootcamp drivers for bluetooth and my keyboard and mouse work fine. I'd say its at least worth a shot.

mesharp1

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
the moon
Fixed

Here is how you do it. I will try to explain in Windows 7.

First if you are running bootcamp install all the drivers reboot. Make sure to change the bluetooth to apple driver. this is important.
Next right click on your bluetooth go to properties. you should see where it says keyboard, mouse,etc check that box this is very important. After you checked the box you should see the device show up in your list of connect devices. Close the screen where you add a device. Next make sure you go into device manager and under mice and other pointing devices change all 3 devices to mighty mouse drivers (this is how I got it to work) then you should notice that your mouse is working. also if you are typing and not using your mouse for a few seconds it will not move right away when you move it (I think there is power saving option for this but havn't found it) i ususally just hit the left right bottons a few times. this should work for you.) Sorry if i didn't explain it well but i this did work for me.

this is cool but i wouldn't do it.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/31/bluetooth-mighty-mouse-power-save-hack/

thwaaaack

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
That worked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDFLWq3hXwk

i came across this. Although it didnt fix my A2DP problem, it should help you out.

Thank you! I was having this exact problem on my Windows 7 installation on MacBook Pro (computer sees the mouse but says connecting for ever). After right clicking the mouse in the Add Device screen and checking "drivers for keyboard/mouse," I just needed to power my mouse back on and off and hold the button - and it worked. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.