Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I've noticed it impossible to get a shot with LEDs (especially ones on cars); they seem to strobe (which I'm guessing they do just very quickly) and the frame rate on the camera can't keep up.

I see a lot of videos online and there are many with this issue and they're all done professionally in some way, so I'm guessing this is a known effect and it's effectively ignored?

Is there a way to counter this effect?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I've noticed it impossible to get a shot with LEDs (especially ones on cars); they seem to strobe (which I'm guessing they do just very quickly) and the frame rate on the camera can't keep up.

I see a lot of videos online and there are many with this issue and they're all done professionally in some way, so I'm guessing this is a known effect and it's effectively ignored?

Is there a way to counter this effect?

Try using as long a shutter speed as possible - if your camera allows for it. For example, 1/20 secs or even lower if your subjects don't move much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.