Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Yeah you can't really see the hair (little red circle) in the pictures... This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Apple and it makes me sad. We've gotten 3 MBPs, 3-4 iPods, 2 iPads, iMac, MacBook and 6 iPhones and an AirPort Extreme. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with any of them.

You should be happy. I've never gotten to keep my original Apple product. They've all had to be replaced, save for my trust iPod touch 2G. I'm surprised Apple's hardware is still so unreliable as they've been in the business for almost 30 years.

It leads me to say: "Apple sucks, but other companies suck more".

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
You should be happy. I've never gotten to keep my original Apple product. They've all had to be replaced, save for my trust iPod touch 2G. I'm surprised Apple's hardware is still so unreliable as they've been in the business for almost 30 years.

It leads me to say: "Apple sucks, but other companies suck more".

Because apple is infallible and hardware never breaks down. I've never had to get any of my apple products replaced except for this iPhone 5 that got bent somehow .

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Because apple is infallible and hardware never breaks down. I've never had to get any of my apple products replaced except for this iPhone 5 that got bent somehow .

I wouldn't know if PC or other phone manufacturers have problems because you usually discover these things after owning your phone. Looking at a product from the "outside" always puts it in a good light.

However, I can't imagine any other company having as many problems as I have with my Apple products. My 2008 MBP had 5 different failures (requiring separate trips to the Apple store) including the graphics card dying but they replaced it with a 2010 MBP. The 2010 also had graphics card issues and they replaced my logic board twice. My iPhone 4 battery life suddenly got really bad and had to be replaced. And the iPhone 5 problems I explained in my OP.

Good thing Apple has good customer service and OSes to keep me with them.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I wouldn't know if PC or other phone manufacturers have problems because you usually discover these things after owning your phone. Looking at a product from the "outside" always puts it in a good light.

However, I can't imagine any other company having as many problems as I have with my Apple products. My 2008 MBP had 5 different failures (requiring separate trips to the Apple store) including the graphics card dying but they replaced it with a 2010 MBP. The 2010 also had graphics card issues and they replaced my logic board twice. My iPhone 4 battery life suddenly got really bad and had to be replaced. And the iPhone 5 problems I explained in my OP.

Good thing Apple has good customer service and OSes to keep me with them.
Well sir you seem to be on an unlucky streak. All the Apple products I owned haven't gotten replaced. Any battery issues I had were easily fixed with a restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.