Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
I got a new iTunes gift card as a Christmas present. I am currently running iTunes 11.0.1 on a 10.6.8 iMac(2009). I read about the new redeem feature in iTunes 11 using a Facetime camera and was excited to try it out. I saw that I needed to have Facetime running on my iMac, so I downloaded 1.0.2 and installed it. It worked perfectly, so I thought all was ready to redeem my card from my iMac camera. I have 2 Apple IDs(1 for the iTunes Store and 1 for MobileMe/iCloud), so I even signed into the Facetime camera under the iTunes Apple ID in case that was a problem.

I went to iTunes store, hit redeem and didn't get the camera option. I thought I had just installed the FaceTime software, so I signed out & signed back in to iTunes, tried to redeem and still didn't get the camera option. I thought perhaps the computer needed to be restarted with the Facetime software activated, so I restarted the computer, went to iTunes, hit redeem and the camera option is still not available.

I've turned FaceTime on and off. I've signed in and out of iTunes . I've turned my iMac on and off. Could somebody please explain to me what I'm doing wrong and how to active the redeem using FaceTime option for a bunch of iTunes cards I'm getting in about 4 days. I don't want to manually have to type them all in to redeem them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.