Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randolph15

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Quicken 2007 For Mac

I Had Quicken working on my MacBook Pro until last October when I started getting error messages from TD Bank when I tried to connect online to download transactions and balance my accounts. I was told by Quicken that I had to upgrade to Quicken 2007 For Mac. I did and now I get an OL290 error message. On the phone with Quicken and they say error is TD Bank. I went on line and found that Discover card holders have the same problem so it appears that it is a Quicken problem. Strange that their latest version of Quicken Deluse is 2007.

You can download IbANK free for 30 days. It downloaded all my bank files but it doesn't have the report flexibility of Quicken. It may work fine for some folks.

Does anyone have Quicken working with Mountain Lion?

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
I run the Windows version of Quicken using Parallels. I recently was forced to upgrade to 2013 from 2010 (you need to upgrade every three years if you use any of the Internet services). I generally hate Intuit, and this is no exception -- the 2010 version seemed to have more features and used less memory. I wish there was a way to pay Intuit's "extortion" and still use the old version! Unfortunately I haven't found any substitute that offers the features I rely on.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I run the Windows version of Quicken using Parallels. I recently was forced to upgrade to 2013 from 2010 (you need to upgrade every three years if you use any of the Internet services). I generally hate Intuit, and this is no exception -- the 2010 version seemed to have more features and used less memory. I wish there was a way to pay Intuit's "extortion" and still use the old version! Unfortunately I haven't found any substitute that offers the features I rely on.

Agree, I am in the same boat and do exactly the same thing...

1934hotrod

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2013
Woodstock
Got to say it, reading all the undesirable glitches that this ML has created, annoying reminders and the likes. The only positive thing I have read deals with the app store and I sure can live with that not working with SL, I'm more planted and married to SL.

Rock on,
Greg

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Got to say it, reading all the undesirable glitches that this ML has created, annoying reminders and the likes. The only positive thing I have read deals with the app store and I sure can live with that not working with SL, I'm more planted and married to SL.

Rock on,
Greg

Justify keeping with SL any way you like, however the problem with Quicken lies solely with Intuit not supporting their product and not with Apple. Even if they updated their 6 year old product with at least a Universal Binary it's still a poor second place to their Windows product (which is updated every year).

1934hotrod

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2013
Woodstock
Oh Quicken is not the driving force that makes me stick with SL you may take my word on that.

But Quicken as it is fits my needs perfectly, who needs updates it does not fill my checking or savings account. As long as I have access to my bank and a local way to keep track of the totals, life is good.
If you're Windows product and yearly updates start to add $$$$ to your bottom line... hell please ping me..-

:) Greg

psli09

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012

What do you think of Quicken 2013 so far?

taps-1975

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2009
See Finance

The only Mac application that I have tried that flawlessly imported all of my accounts and investments is SEE Finance:

http://scimonocesoftware.com/seefinance/

Not sure why they do not get more recognition. Any time I have had an issue their developers have gotten back to me within 24 hours and even set up an an example of a complex transaction that was giving me fits.

Worth a try if you do not want to virtualize windows for Quicken.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
What do you think of Quicken 2013 so far?

It's handling of viewing investments is not as good as 2010, and there seems to be some limitations in making graphs. It is a bit better in entering transactions. So I consider it a wash. One problem is it has a larger memory footprint so I had to increase the size of the VM memory image. I'll be adding more RAM to my server this summer which will help that.

Bottom line is there is no way I would have bought 2013 had 2010 not timed out.

psli09

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
It's handling of viewing investments is not as good as 2010, and there seems to be some limitations in making graphs. It is a bit better in entering transactions. So I consider it a wash. One problem is it has a larger memory footprint so I had to increase the size of the VM memory image. I'll be adding more RAM to my server this summer which will help that.

Bottom line is there is no way I would have bought 2013 had 2010 not timed out.

Thanks for your reply. I am using 2011 now, but wondering if 2013 is a viable upgrade. I guess not.

osx-addict

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
I've been a long time Moneydance user -- perhaps for close to 10 years. However, we had some changes at home due to my wife being laid off and decided budgeting was a priority and after checking out YNAB and Moneywell which are really the only decent apps (IMHO) for finance on the Mac with a tilt towards budgetting -- their prime goal, I decided that I liked Moneywell better than YNAB.

Moneywell 2.0 when it came out was a bit rough around the edges and many people ran for the hills as they preferred the look & functionality of the 1.x releases.. The company listened and ditched the updated UI for something similar to the 1.x releases and I think people are happy again.. The concepts are a bit wierd to get used to but there are some nice things in the program such as auto-reconciliation at the end of the month -- just punch in the start/end dates and start/end balances and easy-peasy.. There's also the ability to search for all occurances of 'sears' and modify ALL of those in one foul swoop -- e.g. fix the bucket they're using, change the name, etc.. Really NICE features not found in other tools I've used in the past. The UI looks much nicer than Moneydance IMHO too.. Moneydance is OK until you've used something nicer looking..

I will admit there are a few features MW is missing such as using + or - to adjust the current date forward or backward which is nice but missing from Moneywell..

propersoft

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2013
For anyone consider switch financial software or convert transaction data files visit http://www.propersoft.net/

Please feel free to contact support (no purchase required) for advice on data transformation from one software/format to another.

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
Moneydance

I haven't been swayed from Moneydance yet. It does everything I need and want from a financial application, including investment tracking. I don't do budgeting as well as I should yet, so maybe I'll find that it doesn't hit the ball out of the park in that aspect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.