Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeff16years

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Sling just released a higher-resolution version of the their iPad player. It also supports video out now. This is the best solution on the market for live TV on the iPhone or iPad.

can anyone tell me if the video quality on my ipad will be better coming from the slingbox HD as opposed to the slingbox solo?
it is very un clear on the website.
I'm thinking that it wouldn't make a difference on the ipad....?

jeff16years

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
can anyone tell me if the video quality on my ipad will be better coming from the slingbox HD as opposed to the slingbox solo?
it is very un clear on the website.
I'm thinking that it wouldn't make a difference on the ipad....?

or maybe what I should say is, Does anyone have any opinions at all on the ipad's video quality when using sling box? How about any differences between the sling HD and sling solo?

thanks

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
The HD only benefits you when you are on a LAN at home. If you are accessing the Slingbox remotely, the Solo is sufficient. As for the iPad, I think it only displays VGA so the Solo is sufficient. If you have PC/Macs at home on a LAN, get the HD.

I think the picture quality of Slingbox connected to a Solo on my iPad is amazing when I'm on Wifi with decent bandwidth. The quality definitely suffers over 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.