Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:00 PM   #1
AppleFanatic10
macrumors 68000
 
AppleFanatic10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles but missing San Diego </3
Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Battery Drainage in Standby Mode

Has anyone else noticed that their battery drains significantly when it's not connected to the charger but its not being used either? I've noticed that when I unplug my iPhone then go to sleep my battery will sometimes go from 100 to 70. Anyone else have this problem?
__________________
White Unibody MacBook, 2.4GHz, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.9.4, iPad Mini,S3,Compaq Presario CQ60 15.6", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, W7 Ultimate (dead)
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:11 PM   #2
vastoholic
macrumors 68000
 
vastoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFanatic10 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that their battery drains significantly when it's not connected to the charger but its not being used either? I've noticed that when I unplug my iPhone then go to sleep my battery will sometimes go from 100 to 70. Anyone else have this problem?
I did for a while at first. It was from a back up of my 4s. My battery would lose at least 10-15 percent each night. Finally restored as a new phone and never had the problem anymore.
__________________
View my flickr sets....if you want. They're not too exciting.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:19 PM   #3
AppleFanatic10
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
AppleFanatic10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles but missing San Diego </3
Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
I did for a while at first. It was from a back up of my 4s. My battery would lose at least 10-15 percent each night. Finally restored as a new phone and never had the problem anymore.
I did that a couple weeks ago. Restored my iPhone 5 to a new phone, thinking that it would resolve a bug I recently had. I've turned most of iCloud off, just left the contacts and find my iPhone on, put auto-lock to 1 minute. Bluetooth, and Personal Hotspot are off. And the brightness is not even close to 50%. I'm not sure what the problem could be.
__________________
White Unibody MacBook, 2.4GHz, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.9.4, iPad Mini,S3,Compaq Presario CQ60 15.6", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, W7 Ultimate (dead)
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:27 PM   #4
wxman2003
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
How strong is your LTE or 3G signal at home. If it is weak, it can drain the battery. I always leave wifi on because LTE signal is pretty weak at home.
__________________
iMac I5, Macbook, iPad Air, iPad rMini, iPhone 5s, ATV 3
wxman2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:43 PM   #5
powerwagon
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
How strong is your LTE or 3G signal at home. If it is weak, it can drain the battery. I always leave wifi on because LTE signal is pretty weak at home.
Leaving WiFi on is much easier on battery than off.
powerwagon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:45 PM   #6
ValerieDurden
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Not an issue here.
__________________
Nexus 5 Kitkat 4.4.4 [Sprint]
ValerieDurden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:24 PM   #7
walmartmartyr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
my phone does the same thing, 8-10% overnight.
walmartmartyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:58 PM   #8
AppleFanatic10
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
AppleFanatic10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles but missing San Diego </3
Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
How strong is your LTE or 3G signal at home. If it is weak, it can drain the battery. I always leave wifi on because LTE signal is pretty weak at home.
I get all 5 bars and my 3G/LTE are pretty good. I do notice that my phone constantly switches from wifi to LTE when it's locked, and I'm not sure why it does that. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me lol. Maybe that's the problem?
__________________
White Unibody MacBook, 2.4GHz, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.9.4, iPad Mini,S3,Compaq Presario CQ60 15.6", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, W7 Ultimate (dead)
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:07 AM   #9
vastoholic
macrumors 68000
 
vastoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFanatic10 View Post
I get all 5 bars and my 3G/LTE are pretty good. I do notice that my phone constantly switches from wifi to LTE when it's locked, and I'm not sure why it does that. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me lol. Maybe that's the problem?
You know I haven't tested that really since I moved into my new place with my two other friends. I've noticed that the connection isn't that great and the internet will randomly drop out (but show connected on all my devices/computers) throughout the day. One of the reasons I don't leave wifi on all the time in my house. My LTE is much better and more reliable anyway. But I've either always had my phone plugged in at night or didn't pay attention at all to the battery stats. I'll check it out soon.
__________________
View my flickr sets....if you want. They're not too exciting.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:58 PM   #10
radioking
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
My iphone 5 went from 99% to 96% last night with about 45 minutes of usage before I went to bed. Definitely make a genius appointment and get a replacement.
radioking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:17 PM   #11
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000
 
ritmomundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bel Air, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFanatic10 View Post
I did that a couple weeks ago. Restored my iPhone 5 to a new phone, thinking that it would resolve a bug I recently had. I've turned most of iCloud off, just left the contacts and find my iPhone on, put auto-lock to 1 minute. Bluetooth, and Personal Hotspot are off. And the brightness is not even close to 50%. I'm not sure what the problem could be.
No, you should have great battery life even with those things turned on. You need to get a replacement. I leave BT, GPS/location, iCloud on and brightness way up and the battery kicks ass.
ritmomundo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:52 PM   #12
AppleFanatic10
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
AppleFanatic10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles but missing San Diego </3
Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
No, you should have great battery life even with those things turned on. You need to get a replacement. I leave BT, GPS/location, iCloud on and brightness way up and the battery kicks ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioking View Post
My iphone 5 went from 99% to 96% last night with about 45 minutes of usage before I went to bed. Definitely make a genius appointment and get a replacement.
You know what's funny? This didn't start happening until I updated to iOS 6.0.2. So I'm guessing that has something to do with the latest update?
__________________
White Unibody MacBook, 2.4GHz, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.9.4, iPad Mini,S3,Compaq Presario CQ60 15.6", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, W7 Ultimate (dead)
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 4S excessive battery drain in standby inc. flight mode sammy-boy iPhone 9 Mar 27, 2014 06:04 PM
iPhone: Anyone having battery drainage? vols Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 42 Jan 14, 2014 04:00 PM
Idle Standby drainage - Android vs iOS srkmish Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 94 Jun 21, 2013 05:29 AM
iPhone 5 battery drainage CJames93 iPhone 2 Jan 13, 2013 03:39 PM
iPhone: IOS 6 Battery Drainage iPhoneFanBoy33 iOS 6 12 Sep 27, 2012 03:21 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC