Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertie343

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
I read the stickied topic about going through this process on a Mac. However, I have a Windows machine that I would like to do a similar process on. Does anyone have any information about how this can be done?

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
I read the stickied topic about going through this process on a Mac. However, I have a Windows machine that I would like to do a similar process on. Does anyone have any information about how this can be done?

I'm sorry I can't tell you. 475 people look at your question and not one replied.

We have both Mac users and PC users in the AppleTV section, but most aren't familiar with windows automation tools. Hopefully one of our resourceful readers can help. It might take a few days, but we are all here to help :)

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Give me an idea of what kind of workflow(start to finish) you want to accomplish and I will see if I can draw up a basic batch script to handle it.

bertie343

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Give me an idea of what kind of workflow(start to finish) you want to accomplish and I will see if I can draw up a basic batch script to handle it.

Dalton, I'm currently using Handbrake with the AppleTV 3 preset. I would like to insert the disc, encode ALL of the titles using Handbrake, then allow for some application to auto-tag the files (ie: I plan to rip many TV series I have on DVD to iTunes, so I'd like the data to auto populate instead of me having to fill it all in by hand so it looks nice on the AppleTV. I'll also be ripping home videos, so there will be no matching tag for that, so I would like to manually enter in the information at some point).

Nothing too fancy, but when I have ~70 DVDs of home movies that take Handbrake about 1h45min for a 1hour long disc and 5 hours for a 4hr30min disc, plus all of the other DVDs I want to rip, this can and will quickly become a long, drawn out process.

Hope this was what you were looking for! :D

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Dalton, I'm currently using Handbrake with the AppleTV 3 preset. I would like to insert the disc, encode ALL of the titles using Handbrake, then allow for some application to auto-tag the files (ie: I plan to rip many TV series I have on DVD to iTunes, so I'd like the data to auto populate instead of me having to fill it all in by hand so it looks nice on the AppleTV. I'll also be ripping home videos, so there will be no matching tag for that, so I would like to manually enter in the information at some point).

Nothing too fancy, but when I have ~70 DVDs of home movies that take Handbrake about 1h45min for a 1hour long disc and 5 hours for a 4hr30min disc, plus all of the other DVDs I want to rip, this can and will quickly become a long, drawn out process.

Hope this was what you were looking for! :D

At the moment I am pretty busy, but now that I'm thinking about it, you should check out THIS SITE. Should cover everything you need for the most part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.