Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you upgrade to iPhone 5S?

• YES (currently owning iPhone 5)

Votes: 81 19.2%
  • YES (currently owning iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, etc.)

Votes: 102 24.2%
  • YES (currently owning non-Apple smartphone)

Votes: 22 5.2%
  • NO (waiting for 6, not interested, no budget etc.)

Votes: 119 28.2%
  • UNDECIDED (5S is not even released yet!!!)

Votes: 98 23.2%

• Total voters

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
almost certainly upgrading to 5s from my workhorse 4 and switching to $60 ATT gophone plan.

However, I REALLY want a jailbreak, but I may break my sacred vow and purchase an iOS device before the jailbreak is available.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I might get the 5S but I am seriously considering andriod. Not quite sure. Most games and stuff are on my ipad anyway so I think I would want something different. Apple just isn't customizable enough for me. If the 5S is a bigger screen than the 5 it might persuade me to stick with apple.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
. . . My main reason for upgrading is because my 5 has gotten so many scuffs and marks that it´s becoming really ugly . . . I know it´s just vain and superficial...no need to tell me ;)

I don't think its vain and superficial at all. You've paid a premium price and should receive a premium product.

It shouldn't scuff so easily. Hopefully Apple will have addressed the anodization on the 5S

Andy Ftw

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Almost definitely upgrading as my 4 is running on it's last legs. The home button is very temperamental now and I have resorted to using Zephyr now (not that it's a bad thing I suppose as it works very well), although it doesn't seem to be much more than the 5 and I really could not care less about the fingerprint scanner so hoping for something more/different!

Last edited:

phillymacuser

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
I guess I will have to see what the future holds for the iPhone. I currently have a 4S on Verizon and the 3G service is horrible. I would like LTE, so the next release may be in my future! I also may purchase at retail or possibly even jump carriers, I am tired of being tied to a company for two years at a time.

FlyUnlock.com

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
I think there is not really any change from the first iPhone released. All the iPhones look the same, I am actually bored of it.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Wait. You said how a very high-density display is not needed, but then say the 3.5" on the 4/4S is very cramped.

That was... contradictory.

Very high-density as in ppi, 3.5" feel cramped because the screen size itself is small(personally I still think its perfect and even having an iPhone 5 I always gaze at the white 4S.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Have 64GB I5, so have no plans to buy 5S. I previously had the 3G and the 4, so I don't want to do the annual spending extra for more frequent upgrades. And don't want to bother trying to sell my existing phone. Though, since it has been in a case the whole time, is still pristine as far as I know.

I do the same with the iPads, buy every other one. Though with the early 4 upgrade, I may skip 2 generations there.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I have no interest in JBing my iPhone, unlike some others here. However, I've definitively decided that an iPhone is the right way to go, to replace my current Android phone, which works as a phone but doesn't do much else right. Some of the built-in apps are downright buggy! :eek:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, contract expires December 1, 2013. That's when I'm eligible.

TrillJayTV

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
Seems rather interesting to be honest, unfortunately I'm in love with Virgin Mobile and the 5 was just released. I just purchased a 4S on the network a month ago which I knew was going to be a stupid idea. I'm skeptical now.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
It is doubtful that I will. I just bought a HTC One and so far I really like it. After being a long time iOS user, I'm having to spend time learning how Android works.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
If the double the battery life, have cool software features and a better camera, I would consider it.
Battery life is my no 1 priority, though.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
For me iPhone 5 is best but i made mistake and bought 16GB version, I'm thinking about buying 5S with 32GB and will keep for more than year

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
It is doubtful that I will. I just bought a HTC One and so far I really like it. After being a long time iOS user, I'm having to spend time learning how Android works.

What are your thoughts on its battery life? I've been looking at the one and battery life is what is holding me back. Former ios users perspective is especially good :)

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Does anybody know if the 5S will have Bluetooth APT-X or is it just a software upgrade and will show up in IOS 7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.