Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:02 AM   #1
CampDavid
macrumors member

Cloaning Ipad 2

Hey, I've got a bit of an issue and could use a little help, with regard to our "coffee table" iPads

We have a bunch of them (around 10) which sit around our reception for our clients to play with while they're waiting (read the Times, surf the net, etc) however, we'd like to put our company brochures and info on there. Currently this means that I have to update each one at a time, a bit of a hassle as I'm based a couple of buildings away.

Is there a way of me cloaning an iPad through iCloud so all of them update when I update one of them? Also, is it possible to get PDF documents to appear as icons on the main screen?

Thanks in advance for the help
CampDavid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Spoony
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDavid View Post
Hey, I've got a bit of an issue and could use a little help, with regard to our "coffee table" iPads

We have a bunch of them (around 10) which sit around our reception for our clients to play with while they're waiting (read the Times, surf the net, etc) however, we'd like to put our company brochures and info on there. Currently this means that I have to update each one at a time, a bit of a hassle as I'm based a couple of buildings away.

Is there a way of me cloaning an iPad through iCloud so all of them update when I update one of them? Also, is it possible to get PDF documents to appear as icons on the main screen?

Thanks in advance for the help
Maybe install dropbox on each ipad and put whatever you want in dropbox and it'll be on the ipad. I know there are blogs out there for people who roll out ipads at schools and they've solved this problem. There is someone out there in the UK with an excellent blog about mass deployment of ipads at schools. I think his last name is Spiers. That is probably a good starting spot.
Spoony is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:07 AM   #3
CampDavid
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
Maybe install dropbox on each ipad and put whatever you want in dropbox and it'll be on the ipad. I know there are blogs out there for people who roll out ipads at schools and they've solved this problem. There is someone out there in the UK with an excellent blog about mass deployment of ipads at schools. I think his last name is Spiers. That is probably a good starting spot.
Cheers Mr Spoony, I'll have a look into that now. Drop box is something I'd like to avoid as it's currently banned company wide so getting it approved for this specific task would be difficult
CampDavid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:03 AM   #4
seajay96
macrumors 6502

Do you have a company website that could host the brochures and just put a link on the iPad desktop?

This would allow you to make changes on the server side and without having to update each iPad.

EDIT: I just checked to make sure, but if you can navigate to the pdf in safari, you can put a direct link to it on your home screen.

Last edited by seajay96; Nov 15, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
seajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:18 AM   #5
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

My suggestion would also be Internet or intranet ...

And lock the system down with some profiles or parental control to avoid someone install new apps which in a corporate setup might cause conflict with IT guys ...
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad