Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:07 PM   #1
LeeM
macrumors 6502a

i simply cant get windows to work with bootcamp, no matter what i try!!!

installing on a 2012 mbp 13" with mountain lion, only one hard drive partitioined correctly, instll goes fine and restarts a couple of times then on the last restart it just hangs on the black screen with the blinking line and whenever i try to boot to windows i just get the same black screen.
ive searched high and low and cant find any help.
anyone got any advice?
LeeM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2
MJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM View Post
installing on a 2012 mbp 13" with mountain lion, only one hard drive partitioined correctly, instll goes fine and restarts a couple of times then on the last restart it just hangs on the black screen with the blinking line and whenever i try to boot to windows i just get the same black screen.
ive searched high and low and cant find any help.
anyone got any advice?
I only have a Mac mini but what version of Windows are you trying to install? Bootcamp 4 (Lion / Mountain Lion) is not yet supporting Windows 8.
MJL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:00 PM   #3
LeeM
macrumors 6502a

must have been a problem with the iso, im now typing this from within my windows 7 boot after starting over and redoing my usb stick. god it feels wrong, but at the same time its an exceptionally smooth experience. best machine ive ever used windows on lol
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:26 PM   #4
MJL
Banned

funny that - they have tested same CPU environments and the Apple actually runs windows (slightly) faster....
MJL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:45 AM   #5
LeeM
macrumors 6502a

its all about drivers and attention to details. theres an odd irony that windows runs better on a mac, and office works better on osx...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac