Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhysm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
hey all, I hope you can help as I am so frustrated.

These are the specs of my Macbook:
13-inch, Mid 2009
Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

This happens every hour or so, in the middle of Internet browsing on Google Chrome or watching a video, it glitches or something and the video pauses/ everything stops responding. I try exiting Chrome and other apps and re-entering and they wont even open. I try open apps I have not touched since login and they all won't open, except Firefox which tries to open and then tells me another version is running already? I have no idea!

I read a similar thread and through disc utility I repaired the disc permissions and no luck.

I have also attempted to re-download the current osx from the app store but 30 minutes into the download it stops and doesn't respond as do the other apps. I am so lost about what to do. I am going to go into an Apple store tomorrow however I have a lot of work to get done tonight and it's very frustrating that everything constantly stops responding and I need to save my work every minute in fear. I have to restart the entire macbook to get any apps working again.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.