Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 6, 2013, 10:56 PM   #76
vmaniqui
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipJj123 View Post
I still would not want a phone as big as the Galaxy Note 1/2. With the mini I have the choice of bringing it with me or not, whereas a phone, I most likely always bring it with me. Would rather have a smaller compact device for a phone.
i totally agree with you. it's so funny when you see the galaxy note 1/2 on people's ear.it's like HELLOOOOO CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW.
vmaniqui is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 10:31 PM   #77
ctyrider
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
Actually you don't. Most guys and some gals do just fine in the back pocket. Works great with cargos. And there are vests and hoodies with inside pockets if that's your deal.
Actually you do [need a bag]. I don't know what "most guys / gals" you are referring to. I don't know a single person who carries their iPad (mini or otherwise) in their pocket on a regular basis. Especially now that the summer time is almost here - last thing people want to do is wear cargo pants or hoodies in 80-degree weather just to fit their iPads in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
You really need to chill. We get it, you don't like the carrying an ipad around, it doesn't work FOR YOU. But your opinion is just that, an opinion. Go find something else to do with your time other than trying to convince us that your opinion is fact or making snide comments.
I am perfectly chilled.. You on the other hand, not so much.. Of course, everyone's posts on here are just their opinions - that's why it's called a public Internet forum. And I will post here as much as I want to, but thanks for your input.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:45 PM   #78
akdj
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyrider View Post
Actually you do [need a bag]. I don't know what "most guys / gals" you are referring to. I don't know a single person who carries their iPad (mini or otherwise) in their pocket on a regular basis. Especially now that the summer time is almost here - last thing people want to do is wear cargo pants or hoodies in 80-degree weather just to fit their iPads in.

I am perfectly chilled.. You on the other hand, not so much.. Of course, everyone's posts on here are just their opinions - that's why it's called a public Internet forum. And I will post here as much as I want to, but thanks for your input.
They make cargo shorts! I, too, take mine everywhere. It's an easy fit...usually I put mine in the front 'hip' pocket of my cargo pants, shorts or inside pocket on my vest or jacket pocket. Different strokes....but I agree with him and your 'tone'. Even now...admission of it being a public, opinion based Internet forum, you're still coming across as condescending. Saying you don't know anyone that carries an iPad mini everywhere is irrelevant. Folks do. Period. That's a simple fact after reading through this thread

While its 'for you' is a decision you have to make, and it sounds as you've done that. As has you entourage of friends, family and people you know.

Ya know. Different strokes

J
akdj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 09:57 AM   #79
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdj View Post
They make cargo shorts! I, too, take mine everywhere. It's an easy fit...
Since I'm secure in my manhood I don't have an issue with a shoulder bag. I also will put my Mini in my cargo shorts side pockets; I just need to find some with slightly deeper pockets as the top of my Mini still sticks out a little.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:01 PM   #80
E3BK
macrumors 6502a

I take mine almost everywhere. I only really leave it at home when I am positive I won't use it. It's a lot more portable, IMO, than previous models. It fits in most of my purses.

Everyone's needs are different. You can always return it if you don't think it suits you.
E3BK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 01:12 PM   #81
LightOnAHill
macrumors regular

I take my ipad and Mac air and iPhone everywhere I go because have a small briefcase that is light and carries these and the accessories I need like my hand scanner and my jambox, but if I want to go light, I'll leave the briefcase in the car and hand carry the mini or slip it into my suit jacket pocket.

It fits in most other sweatshirt or pants pockets and it isn't bad to carry in my hand with my phone either.

I find I'm never without it.

Plus I heard from a source that zagg is coming out with a thin keyboard case for the mini that will let you adjust the angle the mini is held when typing. I'll get that when it comes out, and it'll make the portable device that much more powerful for me.
LightOnAHill is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 03:50 PM   #82
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Before the iPad mini came out, I used to take the full-size iPad almost everywhere I went. Now that I have a mini, of course I take it almost everywhere I go. I do usually carry a bag with me, which was the case even before I had iPads, but I did get a small bag just for those times when I wanted to just carry the iPad.

In other words, whether iPads are an everywhere device depends to some extent on how badly you want to take them with you. If you want them everywhere, you make the investment necessary (like buy a bag, and put up with the extra weight), so you can have it with you. If you aren't so into having it with you, well, you'll leave it at home.
Night Spring is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad