Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 20, 2013, 06:38 AM   #26
madgibbon
macrumors member

I sold my iPad 4 for a mini and think its a fantastic device. However after a month of use I started to miss the display size, resolution and performance. I am keen photographer and like to edit photos on my iPad, this is one area the iPad 4 excels in.

I've now passed the mini to the wife and purchased another iPad 4. However while I'm fine with the size of the iPad 4 it's the weight I really notice over the mini. Lets hope the next iPad is lighter as the rumors suggest
madgibbon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 09:17 AM   #27
beautifulcoder
macrumors regular

My wife forced me to get the iPad 4. Me, not knowing any better thought the Mini would be "too small". I now regret having this Monster on my hands during bus rides. It just feels heavy, clunky, and big in my hands. I honestly think it is made for giants.

BUT, retina is really nice for reading. I no longer even need my glasses.
beautifulcoder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 12:16 PM   #28
Skika
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulcoder View Post

BUT, retina is really nice for reading. I no longer even need my glasses.
Im sorry but this just doesnt make any sense.
Old May 23, 2013, 02:40 PM   #29
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skika View Post
Why not? If you wear reading glasses to help with small type having that small type much clearer might negate the need for reading glasses.
Old May 23, 2013, 02:52 PM   #30
akdj
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
Keep the full size iPad or you'll miss it.

Open wallet, buy Mini.

That's what I did.

IPad 4 + Mini =
Absolutely! Gotta have 'em both

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post

I'm a huge laptop enthusiast.

That's why I have a 2012 13" MBA & 2013 15" MBPr as my two current faves

Between work & personal they both get lots of use.

My iPads are just for casual fun surfing & such when I want a different form factor.
Right there with ya...they all serve different purposes and they're all useful and more importantly in my family...being and getting used!

Quote:
It will when you get older....and need reading glasses. I had perfect, 20/20 vision my entire life. I've also been a pilot for the better part of 25 years. At 42 now, in the last four years, my eyes have deteriorated. As has many men...as our lenses become less easy to focus. Retina is a marked improvement for reading and doing so without the aid of reading glasses.

J
akdj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 03:04 PM   #31
beautifulcoder
macrumors regular

Quote:
Sure it does!

I'm nearsighted (this means things look blurry from afar) so my eyes can focus in better at clear and sharp text from a reasonable distance. Text that appears pixelated, blurry and out of focus is still hard for me to see. My guess is my brain processes the image (blurry text) in the same way if it was viewed from afar. For example, I'm looking at a wretched 1920x1200 24 inch PC monitor from a reasonable distance and I still need glasses to read the fonts. Not to mention, Windows is awesome enough to give you incredibly awful tiny fonts that are even harder to see at 96 DPI.

I know, this was a shocking revelation to me as well. Apple should really do a study on the effects of retina on folks who wear glasses.
beautifulcoder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 03:08 PM   #32
pat park
macrumors 6502a

I returned my ipad 4 for a mini and never looked back. The non retina screen bothered me for a few days, but I got used to it. The size, thinness and weight all make it the ideal ipad for me. The mini rocks!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad