Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesK6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
I just bought cod4 for 20$ on the appstore practically only for multiplayer. How do i find my key code to play online? ive searched everywhere and still nothing! please Help!

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
I just bought cod4 for 20$ on the appstore practically only for multiplayer. How do i find my key code to play online? ive searched everywhere and still nothing! please Help!

in the options it should display the key somewhere.

otherwise send a ticket to the app store support.

sorry cant think of anything else

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx

The key automatically populates from a backend server that we run. Are you unable to get into a multiplayer match?

If you want to see said code, you can view it in the multiplayer options menu but you shouldn't have to do anything. It just automagically works.

Write in here or PM me letting me know what you are seeing. We will get you going quick, no worries!

JamesK6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
The key automatically populates from a backend server that we run. Are you unable to get into a multiplayer match?

If you want to see said code, you can view it in the multiplayer options menu but you shouldn't have to do anything. It just automagically works.

Write in here or PM me letting me know what you are seeing. We will get you going quick, no worries!

Thankyou! i have uninstalled it and am currently in the process of re installing it. When i go onto multiplayer options>keycode there are blank spaces where the keycode should be. :(
When i click on a server it lets me in then says error no keycode please enter ine

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Thankyou! i have uninstalled it and am currently in the process of re installing it. When i go onto multiplayer options>keycode there are blank spaces where the keycode should be. :(
When i click on a server it lets me in then says error no keycode please enter ine

Still an issue James? After doing some digging on our side, looks like about 20 other people had the same issue over the weekend. Our current assumption is a server issue on the backend, likely a time-out when the game attempts to pull the key. We have 2 teams looking into now, shouldnt be long at all before we get it ironed out.

Thanks for your patience James, and thanks for supporting Aspyr!

wike01

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2020

Hi ive had this issue since I bought the game from App Store I've re-downloaded about 7 times and its never generated a key code can you sort this out or end me a fresh key code?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.