Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:31 PM   #51
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
Well, you know, General Ham was fired because he wanted to provide more protection to the diplomats. Heinous, I tell you, just despicable.

Let me see, Carter F. Ham, commander of American operations in Africa. Hmm, that is a funny way to get fired. I wonder who made that claim. Oh, here it is, our old friend the Moonie Times ran a story that they got from Tiger Droppings, a publication devoted to LSU sports.

Did the left reach this much when attacking the previous president?
Sorry but I'm gonna have to wonder what is truth and what is not.

Your link is to an article from a typical right wing rag. and it's dated Oct. 28th.

I searched the internet for the news that the General had been fired and can't find anything. In fact the closest I can find is another right wing rag that says he is still in command and retiring in 2013. Dated Nov. 3rd.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...a_command.html

Last edited by Peace; Nov 5, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:05 PM   #52
dime21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshrimp View Post
Check out the video. Curious about your thoughts on what Rudy Giuliani had to say about Obama's commitment to resign if.....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...mment-page-12/
Libya is absolutely Obama's fault. He has blood on his hands. The Whitehouse had advanced notice of this terrorist attack, and had already positioned armed drones. They had real-time video feed of the situation, and armed drones were in place and could have been used to prevent it. But he did nothing. He let those people die. What a disgusting person he is.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:19 AM   #53
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime21 View Post
Libya is absolutely Obama's fault. He has blood on his hands. The Whitehouse had advanced notice of this terrorist attack, and had already positioned armed drones. They had real-time video feed of the situation, and armed drones were in place and could have been used to prevent it. But he did nothing. He let those people die. What a disgusting person he is.
I am not sure of the veracity of armed drones being in position (without a link), but one thing occurs to me. In Pakistan, they were using drones to blow up houses. How effective that would be against an assault on the consulate is rather questionable, though I guess at least the Ansar terrorists would be dead.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:56 AM   #54
lannister80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov...a-cia-20121102

''CIA security officers in a Benghazi post responded within 25 minutes to a call for help from a nearby State Department compound after it came under attack Sept. 11, officials said Thursday, seeking to refute a Fox News report asserting that CIA managers ordered them to stay put.

In releasing a detailed timeline of CIA actions that night, senior intelligence officials have put aside long-standing concerns about revealing the extent of the agency's presence in Benghazi in order to push back against what officials say are baseless allegations that aid was withheld.

''At every level in the chain of command, from the senior officers in Libya to the most senior officials in Washington, everyone was fully engaged in trying to provide whatever help they could,'' a senior intelligence official said in a statement. 'There were no orders to anybody to stand down in providing support.''
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:27 PM   #55
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Oh if only you had as much concern for 3000 lives (plus additional lives lost in Iraq) as you do over 4. If Obama has blood on his hands over the second 9/11 incident, then a Republican has his blood on his hands over the first 9/11. (not to mention the steaming pile of economic poo he gave us).
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:48 PM   #56
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Libya is absolutely Obama's fault. He has blood on his hands...
I could spend all day picking apart dime21, but this part is fascinating. When Obama orders drones to blow apart houses in Pakistan or destroy vehicles in Yemen (killing an American citizen no less) the right applauds. Yes, the President has blood on his hands, but not because of Benghazi, but because of a policy to use force against specific people.

The right gives a collective yawn when you mention kill lists, but when a consulate gets hit all of the sudden they're all righteous dander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
I am not sure of the veracity of armed drones being in position (without a link), but one thing occurs to me. In Pakistan, they were using drones to blow up houses. How effective that would be against an assault on the consulate is rather questionable, though I guess at least the Ansar terrorists would be dead.
First, the two Predators that were on station were unarmed, but the Hellfire missile isn't a great weapon against small groups of people who may be very close to your own friendly forces.

While the right has argued that a force could be on station, including AC-130 gunships, there's little supporting sources. In fact, one of the most consistent things about stories is the right's reliance on anonymous sources.

Another thing that doesn't pass my sniff test is the insistence that drones sent to look for Libyan chemical weapons were armed. A reconnaissance mission won't necessarily carry a package since that limits its loiter time.

In either case, the aircraft mentioned could have beat back the attackers, but it wouldn't necessarily have helped the two CIA contractors who were killed by a mortar.

It's worth noting that during the Battle of Qala-i-Jangi, US troops were killed when a JDAM was dropped on their position.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:55 PM   #57
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
brilliant. launch a missile and blow up the entire compound.

that will surely save the lives of the people inside.
zioxide is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues