Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
It doesn't need a purpose to disprove your point

Yeah, as if I was talking about the necessity of audible commanding a dog in the first place. But tight observation and razor sharp corrigendum on your part. Thank's again.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Yeah, as if I was talking about the necessity of audible commanding a dog in the first place. But tight observation and razor sharp corrigendum on your part. Thank's again.

communicating with your animal at all requires..... talking to them. Animals understand your tone of voice, can tell when you're sad, mad, happy. So happily chatting with your puppy can help them feel loved.

So now that you've been corrected, you're very much welcome!

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Try teaching your dog* to bark with a hand command (hidden behind your back).

A blind friend did that with her working dog. She's used it several times. :cool:

*Not recommended for Labs. ;)

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
my wife taught our dog how to hi-five. She also taught it out to shake. I thought that both actions were pretty pointless until I realized that the dog can now understand the difference between to reletively similar actions. She now asks the dog if it has to go pee and it goes to the left side of the yard and pees, but now she asks it if it has to go potty and it goes to the right side of the yard and goes poo. Same with snacks. We dont make her beg, but we ask her if she wants food or a snack and she either goes to her biscuit jar or her food box.

First rule of moderators, you dont talk about moderators. Fightclubrumors.com. Seriously the rules around here are pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Try teaching your dog* to bark with a hand command (hidden behind your back).

A blind friend did that with her working dog. She's used it several times. :cool:

*Not recommended for Labs. ;)

Hehe, I imagine being able to stop random dogs from barking with my left hand. That would be pretty awesome.

Since I'm quite often in Barcelona and over there, every household seems to own minmum two dogs, I always find it a pity and cruel to see them caged in a rather concrete city (without proper green zones) also climbing all these stairflights - day in day out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.