Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1
bwphoto
macrumors member

Clicking on the last item in a list in Finder, when scroll bars get in the way

Anyone know how to click on the bottom file/folder in Finder w/o the side scroll bar getting in the way? Trying to open 'zzz_Listing_Spreadsheets' which you can kinda see under the scroll bar. I don't want to use icon view, and I'm not even sure of the best way to describe the problem as a bug report to Apple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 10.30.03 AM.png
Views:	39
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	401214  
bwphoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Gregg2
macrumors 601

No, but you could create a dummy folder to hold down that last spot. Since you'd never have to access it, the scroll bar wouldn't be a problem. I use Icon View exclusively, by the way.
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 03:02 PM   #3
smokeyrabbit
macrumors 6502

I can't duplicate this on my MacBook. Have you checked in System Preferences under General to change the behavior of the scroll bars? Even shen I have the bars to come on only when scrolling, they disappear after half a second so I can click on the bottom item. When I have them set to be always on the bottom item is never obscured by the bars.

Edit: Now I did it. I can get that to happen when I have When Scrolling ticked and don't give the system a second to make the bars disappear. Just hold the mouse still (or pick your finger up off the trackpad) once you've scrolled to the bottom of the list. Or set your bars to always on.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 05:46 PM   #4
bwphoto
macrumors member

Thanks Smokeyrabbit and Gregg. I didn't think I was being impatient -- they just wouldn't get out of the way when I was moused over/near the last item in the list.

Turning the scroll bars to always on has done the trick!
bwphoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:23 PM   #5
w0lf
macrumors 6502a

An alternate method, assuming you just want to open it, is to select the item above it, press down arrow to select the last file and then press (cmd+o) or (cmd+↓).

I do hate this though and consider it quite annoying even though it isn't really an issue too often.
w0lf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X