Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1
piatti
macrumors 6502a

In this forum is it possible to search my subscription?

I would like to search a thread of mine by searching within my subscribed threads or threads that I've started, but is that even possible? It takes too hard to scroll through.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by piatti View Post
I would like to search a thread of mine by searching within my subscribed threads or threads that I've started, but is that even possible? It takes too hard to scroll through.
If I understand you correctly, you want to search within a thread for a particular word or phrase, is that correct?

If so, at the top of the thread page in the menu, use 'Search this thread'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 7.13.36 PM.png
Views:	8
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	405257  
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Or possibly this...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Patti.png
Views:	8
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	405258  
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:25 PM   #4
piatti
macrumors 6502a

I know how to get to my subcriptions. But I created a thread really far back and I don't feel like reading the titles of every thread I created to find that particular thread, and wish I could search with a keyword that shows which of my threads had that keyword either in its thread title or thread posts.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:27 PM   #5
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
I know how to get to my subcriptions. But I created a thread really far back and I don't feel like reading the titles of every thread I created to find that particular thread, and wish I could search with a keyword that shows which of my threads had that keyword either in its thread title or thread posts.
Okay, easy enough. Go to Advanced Search and fill in the boxes at the top and set it to look at thread titles and your username. There are more filtering options below as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 7.26.41 PM.png
Views:	7
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	405259  

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback