Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Anyone have well designed and "thin" mousepads for their Mac Pro? My desk is made of glass so it's difficult for my mouse's laser to grab on to. Just wondering what everyone here is using.

I also have a magic trackpad but I don't use it.

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Anyone have well designed and "thin" mousepads for their Mac Pro? My desk is made of glass so it's difficult for my mouse's laser to grab on to. Just wondering what everyone here is using.

Got a lazer scarab with a Logitech performance mx, liking it so far

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Got a lazer scarab with a Logitech performance mx, liking it so far

I wonder if you can get rid of the logo for that one. Is it fabric based?

Would be nice to not have any patterns/logos on it.

I have a Logitech G500 mouse (I don't game) and use SteerMouse to control the DPI. Probably one of the best mice's I've ever used. It's kind of ugly, though, especially the pattern on the top. Looks like vomit :(

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Dont think you can get rid of the logo, it's not cloth...some hard plastic, nice and big and sticks well to the table...suits the size of the performance mx if you ask me...(dont game either..just got the mx based on good reviews of it and well the magic mouse doesnt touch it ergonomically).

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
I got this one. It's pretty posh, but it makes me happy. It has little rubber pads on the bottom, so it works great for a glass desk.

cimg0026h.jpg

sailmac

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Leather

I use a square of comfortable leather, flipped over so that the Magic Mouse is riding on the unfinished "nubuck" side. Anchored the corners with velcro underneath.

It tracks wonderfully, the texture is comfortable and warmer than the cold desktop, it looks good, and I was able to custom size it to my exact personal preference.

Inexpensive and easy to replace -- but I've been using mine for years and still plenty of life left in it.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm using this and it picks up dirt easily. Within months, I can see patches of dirt on the mousepad.

You need to wash your nasty hands! JK :D

I notice that a bit also. I think the cloth picks up skin oils. Any fabric based pad I think is going to have that problem. These are so cheap I just replace mine once a year or so. I've been tempted to toss one in the washing machine to see what would happen.

i.Andy

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Black ROUND mousepad

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a new mousepad. I've got the one by Alugraphics but it's just annoying. It's so easy to get some dust between mouse and mousepad.

So, I've seen the new iMac presentation and found this cute Little guy over here.

http://recode.net/2014/10/16/apple-updates-27-inch-imac-with-5k-retina-display-available-today/

It sounds a little bit wired but, please could someone tell me where to get this? :D

I doubt it but it's really hard to find black ROUND mousepads over here in Europe :D

Regards,

Andy

Bazu

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
G Series from Logitech or Razer pads. You can choose sizes, thickness and finish.

Personally using G Series.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.